Kroger (KR) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS, Beats on Revenues; Offers FY18 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus
Kroger (NYSE: KR) reported Q4 EPS of $0.63, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.63. Revenue for the quarter came in at $31.03 billion versus the consensus estimate of $30.82 billion.
- Net earnings for the fourth quarter totaled $854 million, or $0.96 per diluted share.
- Adjusted net earnings for the fourth quarter totaled $562 million, or $0.63 per diluted share (see Table 6, the 2017 Fourth Quarter Adjustment Items).
- Net earnings in the same period last year were $506 million, or $0.53 per diluted share.
- Total sales increased 12.4% to $31.0 billion in the fourth quarter compared to $27.6 billion for the same period last year.
- Total sales, excluding fuel and the 53rd week, increased 2.7% in the fourth quarter over the same period last year.
- Kroger is targeting identical supermarket sales growth, excluding fuel, to range from 1.5% to 2.0% in 2018.
- The company expects net earnings to range from $1.95 to $2.15 per diluted share for 2018.
- The company expects capital investments, excluding mergers, acquisitions, and purchases of leased facilities, to be approximately $3.0 billion in 2018.
- Kroger expects its 2018 tax rate to be approximately 22%.
Kroger sees FY2018 EPS of $1.95-$2.15, versus the consensus of $2.04.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kroger (KR) click here.