Tech Data (TECD) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c, Beats on Revenues; Offers 1Q18 EPS/Revenue Outlook Below Consensus
Note: EPS may not be comparable
Tech Data (NASDAQ: TECD) reported Q4 EPS of $3.50, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $3.46. Revenue for the quarter came in at $11.09 billion versus the consensus estimate of $10.56 billion.
Please note, the Business Outlook for worldwide net sales provided below is based on the new revenue recognition standard (\"ASC 606\") that the Company adopted as of February 1, 2018.
- For the quarter ending April 30, 2018, the Company anticipates worldwide net sales to be in the range of $8.0 billion to $8.3 billion.
- For the quarter ending April 30, 2018, the Company anticipates EPS to be in the range of $0.37 to $0.67 and non-GAAP EPS to be in the range of $1.30 to $1.60.
- This guidance assumes an average U.S. dollar to euro exchange rate of $1.22 to €1.00.
- This guidance assumes weighted average diluted shares outstanding of 38.6 million.
- For the quarter ending April 30, 2018, the Company anticipates its effective tax rate will be in the range of 27 percent to 29 percent. For the fiscal year ending January 31, 2019, the Company expects its effective tax rate will be in the range of 26 percent to 28 percent, primarily related to the decrease in the U.S. federal income tax rate as a result of the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Tech Data sees Q1 2019 EPS of $1.30-$1.60, versus the consensus of $1.98. Tech Data sees Q1 2019 revenue of $8-8.3 billion, versus the consensus of $8.57 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Tech Data (TECD) click here.