NanoString Technologies (NSTG) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c, Beats on Revenues; Offers FY18 EPS/Revenue Outlook Below Consensus
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.34), $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.42). Revenue for the quarter came in at $35.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $31.25 million.
Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights
- Total revenue of $35.2 million, 40% year-over-year growth
- Total product and service revenue of $21.0 million, 3% year-over-year growth
- Record consumable revenue of $13.3 million, including $1.8 million of Prosigna® IVD kits, 11% year-over-year growth
- Instrument revenue of $5.9 million, 21% year-over-year decline
- Collaboration revenue of $14.2 million, 191% year-over-year growth
Outlook for 2018
The company, based on its plans and initiatives for 2018, expects to record results approximately as presented below.
- Total product and service revenue of $75 million to $80 million
- Total revenue of $100 million to $105 million
- Gross margin on product and service revenues of 56% to 58%
- Selling, general and administrative expenses of $76 million to $78 million
- Research and development expenses of $57 million to $60 million, to be partially offset by approximately $20 million expected to be received from Lam Research
- GAAP net loss of $65 million to $75 million
- Net loss per share of $2.60 to $2.90
NanoString Technologies sees FY2018 EPS of ($2.90)-($2.60), versus the consensus of ($2.45). NanoString Technologies sees FY2018 revenue of $100-105 million, versus the consensus of $109.91 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on NanoString Technologies (NSTG) click here.