News Corp (NWSA) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c, Beats on Revenues
News Corp (NASDAQ: NWSA) reported Q2 EPS of $0.24, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.18 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.13 billion.
FISCAL 2018 SECOND QUARTER KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Revenues of $2.18 billion, a 3% increase compared to $2.12 billion in the prior year
- The Company recorded a charge of $174 million related to the recently enacted U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Net loss improved to ($66) million compared to ($219) million in the prior year
- Total Segment EBITDA of $329 million, a 1% increase compared to $325 million in the prior year
- Reported EPS were ($0.14) compared to ($0.50) in the prior year – Adjusted EPS were $0.24 compared to $0.19 in the prior year
- Digital Real Estate Services segment revenues grew 21%, benefiting from continued traffic growth at both REA Group and realtor.com®
- Digital revenues represented 29% of News and Information Services segment revenues, compared to 26% in the prior year
- Strong paid digital subscriber growth at key news mastheads, led by The Wall Street Journal with a 29% increase in its digital-only subscribers to approximately 1.4 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on News Corp (NWSA) click here.