Republic Services (RSG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c, Beats on Revenues
Republic Services (NYSE: RSG) reported Q4 EPS of $0.61, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.57. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.56 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.52 billion.
Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year Financial Highlights:
- Fourth-quarter adjusted diluted EPS was $0.61 per share. Adjusted diluted EPS was positively impacted by a net 3-cent contribution from lower taxes.
- Full-year adjusted diluted EPS was $2.43, which exceeded the high end of the Company\'s upwardly revised guidance by 4 cents.
- Full-year cash provided by operating activities was $1.9 billion and adjusted free cash flow was $934 million, which exceeded Republic\'s full-year guidance.
- Fourth-quarter total revenue increased 7.6 percent over the prior year. Revenue growth from average yield was 2.4 percent and volumes increased 2.7 percent, resulting in over 5 percent organic revenue growth.
- Full-year total revenue increased 7.0 percent over the prior year. Revenue growth from average yield was 2.5 percent, the Company\'s highest level of average yield since 2009. Volumes increased 1.8 percent.
- Full-year adjusted EBITDA was $2.8 billion and adjusted EBITDA margin was 27.7 percent.
- Republic returned $1.1 billion to shareholders in 2017 through share repurchases and dividends, representing a cash yield of 5.1 percent.
Fiscal Year 2018 Guidance
Republic's financial guidance is based on current economic conditions and does not assume any significant changes in the overall economy in 2018. The Company's guidance reflects the benefit from tax reform as well as the adoption of the new revenue recognition standard. Please refer to the Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements section of this document.
Specific guidance is as follows:
- Adjusted Free Cash Flow: Republic expects adjusted free cash flow to be $1,090 million to $1,115 million, an increase of 18 percent over the prior year. Detail relating to the computation of adjusted free cash flow is contained in the Reconciliation of 2018 Financial Guidance section of this document.
- Adjusted Diluted Earnings per Share: The Company expects adjusted diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $3.05 to $3.10, an increase of 27 percent over the prior year. Detail relating to the computation of adjusted diluted earnings per share is contained in the Reconciliation of 2018 Financial Guidance section of this document.
- Revenue: Republic expects an increase in revenue of 4.0 to 4.5 percent, excluding the impact of adopting the new revenue recognition standard. The change in revenue is comprised of the following:
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Republic Services (RSG) click here.