Aerohive® Introduces a New Way to Wi-Fi With the First Enterprise-Class Pluggable Access Point
Aerohive Disrupts 20+ Year Status Quo of Enterprise Ceiling-Mounted Access Points by Introducing the First of its New Line of Enterprise-Class Pluggable Access Points
MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Aerohive Networks™ (NYSE: HIVE), a Cloud Networking leader, today announced Aerohive Atom AP30, the industry’s first pluggable, enterprise-class Wi-Fi access point, designed to augment or replace ceiling-mounted access points and to radically simplify providing connectivity in both easy and hard-to-reach locations.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180208005180/en/
Aerohive® Introduces a New Way to Wi-Fi with the First Enterprise-Class Pluggable Access Point, Aerohive Atom AP30. (Photo: Business Wire)
Aerohive Atom AP30 is a new way to Wi-Fi and a first of its kind for the enterprise, delivering an enterprise-class 802.11ac access point with integrated Bluetooth in a new compact, pluggable form factor. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be conveniently plugged into any power socket and automatically connect to the network using auto-provisioning for literal “plug and play” connectivity. Powered by cloud-management and an underlying software-defined Wi-Fi architecture, Aerohive Atom AP30 can be installed and operational in less than a minute using either Ethernet backhaul or Aerohive’s radically simplified mesh technology. Its compact design enables it to blend in with any décor, while packing all the features and functionality of an Aerohive enterprise-class, ceiling-mounted access point.
With its small form factor, easy deployment model, and full-enterprise feature set, Aerohive Atom AP30 can help organizations quickly, easily, and more cost-effectively solve for all manner of use cases without having to install or re-position a ceiling-mounted access point, including, but not limited to:
- Quickly eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones – Aerohive Atom AP30 instantly extends coverage to dead zones. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be temporarily or permanently installed in minutes to eliminate dead zones in distant corners of the office, long hallways or passageways, staircases, breakrooms, storage rooms, etc., saving the time and money of pulling new cable or re-positioning existing ceiling-mounted access points.
- Easily solve density issues in meeting spaces – Aerohive Atom AP30 can augment overloaded ceiling-mounted access points in any sized meeting space. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be temporarily or permanently installed in minutes to mitigate overloaded ceiling-mounted access points in conference rooms, training rooms, cafeterias, lobby areas, waiting rooms, gymnasiums, etc.
- Instantly extend secure corporate connectivity – Aerohive Atom AP30 can instantly extend corporate connectivity to anywhere you can plug it in to a power socket and get an IP address. Aerohive Atom AP30’s native VPN capability can instantly make your corporate SSID and security available for teleworkers, marketing events, sales demonstrations, offsite meetings, embedded employees consulting for other companies, temporary offices, and so on.
- Simply connect the previously unconnected – Aerohive Atom AP30 can quickly and easily bridge to an IoT device in either easy or hard-to-reach locations. Aerohive Atom AP30 can act like an IoT hub and securely connect any Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet-based IoT device and sensor.
- Cost effectively solve for MDU connectivity – Aerohive Atom AP30’s unique form factor and pluggability makes it simple to install temporarily or permanently in an MDU, such as barracks, dormitories, hotels, motels, cruise ships, condominiums, apartments, etc.
Pricing and Availability
Aerohive Atom AP30 is initially available with Type A and B power plug compatibility, with a follow-on version with Rest-of-World power plug compatibility currently under development. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be deployed with Aerohive Connect™, the industry’s only subscription-free cloud management or Aerohive’s full featured Select™ cloud management.
Aerohive Atom AP30 is sold at $599 per pack of three, to be available early Q2 in the United States, Canada, Japan, and Mexico, with a wider set of International plug types to follow.
Visit Aerohive.com/AtomAP30 for more details.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com/atom, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog http://boundless.aerohive.com/, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Networks,” “Aerohive Connect” and “Aerohive Select” are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Source: Aerohive Networks