Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c, Q3 EPS Guidance Tops views
(Updated - July 25, 2016 4:36 PM EDT)
Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN) reported Q2 EPS of $0.76, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.73. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.27 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.2 billion.
Analog: (includes High Volume Analog & Logic, Power Management, High Performance Analog and Silicon Valley Analog)
- Revenue was about even as growth in High Performance Analog and Silicon Valley Analog was offset by declines in High Volume Analog & Logic and Power Management.
- Operating profit increased primarily due to higher gross profit, which benefited from lower manufacturing costs.
Embedded Processing: (includes Microcontrollers, Processors and Connectivity)
- Revenue increased in all three product lines, led by Processors.
- Operating profit increased primarily due to higher revenue and associated gross profit.
Other: (includes DLP® products, calculators, custom ASIC products and royalties)
- Revenue declined due to calculators, royalties and custom ASIC products, partially offset by an increase in DLP products.
- Operating profit increased $10 million.
Texas Instruments sees Q3 EPS of $0.81-$0.91 vs the consensus of $0.81. Q3 revenue is seen at $3.34-3.62 billion, versus the consensus of $3.38 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Texas Instruments (TXN) click here.