Voya Financial (VOYA) Misses Q2 EPS by 5c
Voya Financial (NYSE: VOYA) reported Q2 EPS of $0.78, $0.05 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.83.
Second Quarter 2015 Summary
- Retirement and Investment Solutions accounted for approximately 71% of Ongoing Business adjusted operating earnings before income taxes in the second quarter of 2015
- Retirement net inflows of $475 million
- Investment Management operating margin of 28.1%, excluding results from investment capital; net inflows of $0.2 billion, excluding $1.0 billion in variable annuity outflows
- Continued shift in Individual Life sales toward indexed universal life products, which accounted for 67% of the $23 million in total sales during the quarter
- Employee Benefits loss ratios of 74.0% for Group Life and 72.2% for Stop Loss, which were better than the expected annual range of 77-80% for both loss ratios
- Total AUM of $283 billion and total assets under management and administration of $484 billion
- Estimated combined risk-based capital (RBC) ratio of 482%7, which is above the company's target of 425%
- Debt-to-capital ratio excluding accumulated other comprehensive income (AOCI) of 21.5%
- Book value per share (excluding AOCI) of $56.338
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Voya Financial (VOYA) click here.