Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c; Issues Light FY15 Outlook
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) reported Q4 EPS of $0.94, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.21 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.24 billion.
elected Business Highlights:
- In North America and Europe combined, Activision Publishing was the #1 retail publisher and had three of the top five best-selling new releases for the calendar year — #1 Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, #3 Destiny, and #5 Skylanders® Trap Team.2
- Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was the #1 top-selling console game globally for the calendar year.3 Additionally, in 2014, Call of Duty was the #1 franchise in North America for the sixth year in a row.4 Call of Duty franchise revenues now exceed $11 billion in retail sales worldwide since it first launched in 2003.5
- Activision Publishing’s Destiny was the most successful launch of a new video game franchise in history.2 Destiny was also the #1 top-selling new video game IP and the #3 top-selling new release in North America and Europe, combined, for the calendar year.2 To date, Destiny has more than 16 million registered users and active players are playing the game an average of over three hours per day.
- Activision Publishing’s Skylanders Trap Team was the #1 top-selling kids console game globally for the calendar year. For the third consecutive year, Skylanders was the #1 kids video game franchise of the year in the U.S., and globally.3
- At BlizzCon® on November 7, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment announced a new intellectual property, Overwatch™ — a highly accessible multi-player game featuring an amazing cast of heroes and set in an all-new Blizzard game universe.
- On November 13, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment launched Warlords of Draenor™, the fifth expansion for the #1 subscription-based MMORPG in the world, World of Warcraft®. The expansion sold-through more than 3.3 million copies as of the first 24 hours of its availability and helped drive World of Warcraft to more than 10 million global subscribers at the end of 2014.
- On December 8, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment launched Goblins vs Gnomes™, the first expansion for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The release of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft on Android tablets followed on December 15, 2014.
Activision Blizzard sees FY2015 EPS of $1.15, versus the consensus of $1.43. Activision Blizzard sees FY2015 revenue of $4.40 billion, versus the consensus of $4.71 billion.
Activision Blizzard sees Q1 2015 EPS of $0.05, versus the consensus of $0.18. Activision Blizzard sees Q1 2015 revenue of $745 million, versus the consensus of $777.7 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Activision Blizzard (ATVI) click here.