Nikola (NKLA) Sells $5,000 Reservations for Truck with No Prototype - Bloomberg
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nikola (NASDAQ: NKLA) is asking customers to put down as much as $5,000 now to reserve the right to in a few years to buy a battery-powered truck, before seeing a prototype or manufacturing plan, according to Bloomberg.
The reservations for the Nikola Badger, which are refundable, take a page from Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), but they require would-be buyers to take an even bigger leap of faith, the report noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nikola (NKLA) Posts Smaller-than-Expected Q1 Loss
- Largest Inflow to Gold in 3 Months, $18.3 Billion Went into Stocks but 'Bad News is Global Tapering Has Begun' - BofA
- PureCycle Technologies (PCT) Sinks 20% on Short Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!