Ballantyne Strong (BTN) Approves 5% Common Stock Buyback
- Indexes close up more than 1% as investors assess Fed news
- China Tells Local Authorities to Prepare For a 'Possible Storm' and Prevent Unrest as Evergrande Crisis Unravels - WSJ
- Salesforce (CRM) Raises FY22 Revenue Guidance; Initiates FY23 Revenue
- Oil prices rise, hit 2-month highs on supply worries
- IDFA Seen as a 'Real Headwind' for Facebook (FB) but Analysts Remain Positive
Ballantyne Strong (NYSE: BTN) announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to 700,000 shares of its outstanding common stock, or approximately 5.0% of its outstanding shares, pursuant to a plan adopted under Rule 10b5-1 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the “Act”).
“Considering the Company’s strong cash position and balance sheet, Ballantyne’s Board has decided to authorize a share repurchase program for possible share repurchases,” stated Chairman of the Board of Directors, Kyle Cerminara.
“Importantly, this action is not a change in overall strategy as Ballantyne remains committed to seeking opportunities to grow organically and identify acquisition opportunities that will leverage our expertise, market position and capital access,” added Mr. Cerminara.
A plan under Rule 10b5-1 allows a company to repurchase its shares at times when it otherwise might be prevented from doing so under insider trading laws or because of self-imposed trading blackout periods. A broker selected by Ballantyne Strong will have the authority under the terms and limitations specified in the plan to repurchase shares on Ballantyne Strong’s behalf in accordance with the terms of the plan. Because the repurchases under the plan are subject to certain pricing parameters and other regulatory requirements applicable to repurchase under Rule 10b-18 of the Act, there is no guarantee as to the exact number of shares that will be repurchased under the plan, or that there will be any repurchases pursuant to the plan.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) Increases Dividend to $2.80/sh; Announces Up to $5B Share Buyback
- Lamar Advertising (LAMR) Announces Extension of Stock and Debt Repurchase Programs
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Authorizes $3 Billion of Share Repurchases
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!