Uber, Under Armour, Coty, Microsoft rise premarket; Chipotle falls
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts CMG Hot Sheet
Join SI Premium – FREE
By Peter Nurse
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Wednesday, February 8th. Please refresh for updates.
Chipotle (NYSE: CMG) stock fell 4.2% after the burrito chain missed expectations at both the top and bottom lines as high prices deterred customers.
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) stock rose 1.1% after the tech giant said it was revamping its Bing search engine and Edge Web browser with artificial intelligence.
Coty (NYSE: COTY) stock rose 1.5% after the cosmetics giant raised its full-year profit forecast, betting on price hikes and resilient demand for its fragrances and cosmetics.
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) stock soared 6.4% after the athletics apparel retailer raised its annual profit forecast as deep discounts on the company's goods helped attract shoppers.
Uber (NYSE: UBER) stock rose 8.2% after the ride-hailing firm posted strong earnings in the final quarter of 2022 and set its sights on delivering a profit this year.
New York Times (NYSE: NYT) stock rose 2.6% after the newspaper reported better-than-expected quarterly sales and said it will buy back shares worth $250 million as more people subscribed, offsetting sluggish ad sales.
- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) stock rose 1.9% after the pharmacy chain beat quarterly profit estimates, as a decline in hospitalizations from COVID-19 helped bring down medical costs at its Aetna insurance business. It also confirmed Tuesday’s reports of a $10.6 billion takeover of Oak Street Health (NYSE: OSH).
- Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN) stock fell 2.9% after the biotech missed expectations with its latest update, swinging to a net loss in 2022 as full-year revenue stagnated.
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Mills, Ford, First Republic rise premarket; Coinbase, Chewy fall
- lululemon athletica (LULU) stock to be 'on the move,' Citi opens upside 30-day catalyst watch ahead of earnings
- Banks wobble again, Hindenburg hits Block, Eurozone PMIs - what's moving markets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!