Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 04/11: (ENDP)/(AMMD) (LVLT)/(GLBC) (FLO)/(TSTY)
- U.S. stocks lower at close of trade; Dow Jones Industrial Average down 1.54%
- Micron Technology (MU) Shares Decline After Revenue, Guidance Misses Expectations
- Nike Shares Down 2% Despite Better Than Expected Q1 Results
- Apple (AAPL) Extends Decline as BofA Downgrades to Neutral on More Balanced Risk/Reward
- Meta Platforms (META) to Freeze Hiring and Restructure Teams - Bloomberg
- American Medical Systems (Nasdaq: AMMD) entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Endo Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ENDP) for $30 per share, or $2.9 billion in cash.
The deal comes at a 34 percent premium to American Medical Systems close Friday of $22.33 per share.
Transaction expected to be immediately accretive to adjusted diluted earnings per share upon close and accretive by $0.60 in 2012.
Morgan Stanley and BofA Merrill Lynch have provided fully committed financing to Endo to close this transaction.
- Level 3 Communications (Nasdaq: LVLT) announced Monday morning that it will acquire Global Crossing (Nasdaq: GLBC) in a tax-free, stock-for-stock transaction.
Under the terms and subject to the conditions of the agreement, Global Crossing shareholders will receive 16 shares of Level 3 common stock for each share of Global Crossing common stock or preferred stock that is owned at closing.
Based on Level 3’s closing stock price on April 8, 2011, the transaction is valued at $23.04 per Global Crossing common or preferred share, or approximately $3.0 billion, including the assumption of approximately $1.1 billion of net debt as of Dec. 31, 2010.
- Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) and Tasty Baking Company (Nasdaq: TSTY) Monday announced a definitive merger agreement whereby Flowers will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Tasty common stock for $4.00 per share in cash for a total purchase price of approximately $165 million, including Tasty's existing indebtedness.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P 500 Tumbles Deeper Into Bear Market as Apple Leads Tech Rout
- Today's Most Important Upgrades, Prothena & Biogen Shares Surge on Positive Data
- What to Expect from Micron's (MU) Earnings Today
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Notable Mergers and Acquisitions, Earnings, Endo Pharmaceuticals/American Medical Systems
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!