Form 8-K PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES For: Apr 27
- Wall Street ends first day of third quarter with solid rebound
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivered 254,695 EV Units in Q2, Below Consensus
- Goldman Sachs Warns Clients of More Equity Market Losses in Second Half of 2022
- Kohl's (KSS) Falls 15% After Ending Sale Talks With Franchise Group and Issuing Q2 Warning
- General Motors Warns It Has 95k Vehicles in Inventory Without Certain Components
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 OR 15(d) of The Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported)
PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP, INC.
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
Commission File Number
|(State or other jurisdiction of||(I.R.S. Employer|
The Tower at PNC Plaza
(Address of principal executive offices, including zip code)
(Registrant’s telephone number, including area code)
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
|Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)|
|Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)|
|Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))|
|Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))|
Securities registered pursuant to 12(b) of the Act:
|Title of Each Class||Trading Symbol(s)|
Name of Each Exchange
on Which Registered
Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series P
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (§230.405 of this chapter) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§240.12b-2 of this chapter). Emerging growth company
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. ☐
Item 5.02. Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers.
(b) Charles E. Bunch did not stand for re-election to the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (“PNC”) at the annual meeting of shareholders held on April 27, 2022, as he had reached the mandatory retirement age set forth in PNC’s corporate governance guidelines.
Item 5.07. Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders
An annual meeting of shareholders of PNC was held on April 27, 2022 for the purpose of considering and acting upon the following matters:
(1) The election of the 13 director nominees named in PNC’s proxy statement to serve until the next annual meeting and until their successors are elected and qualified;
(2) The ratification of the Audit Committee’s selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as PNC’s independent registered public accounting firm for 2022;
(3) An advisory vote to approve the compensation of PNC’s named executive officers; and
(4) A shareholder proposal regarding a report on risk management and the nuclear weapons industry.
The final voting results for each proposal, as certified by the judge of election for the annual meeting, are described below. Fractional shares have been rounded as appropriate. For beneficial owners holding PNC shares at a bank or brokerage institution, a “broker non- vote” occurred if the owner failed to give voting instructions and the bank or broker was restricted from voting on the owner’s behalf under New York Stock Exchange rules.
(1) The 13 director nominees named in PNC’s proxy statement were elected.
Debra A. Cafaro
Marjorie Rodgers Cheshire
William S. Demchak
Andrew T. Feldstein
Richard J. Harshman
Daniel R. Hesse
Linda R. Medler
Robert A. Niblock
Bryan S. Salesky
Michael J. Ward
(2) The Audit Committee’s selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as PNC’s independent registered public accounting firm for 2022 was ratified.
(3) The compensation of PNC's named executive officers was approved on an advisory basis.
- 2 -
(4) The shareholder proposal regarding a report on risk management and the nuclear weapons industry was not approved.
With respect to all of the preceding matters, holders of PNC common stock and voting preferred stock voted together as a single class. As of February 4, 2022, the record date for the annual meeting, there were 418,564,781 possible votes. The table below sets forth, as of February 4, 2022, the number of shares of each class or series of stock that were issued and outstanding and entitled to vote, the number of votes per share and the aggregate voting power of each class or series. The number of votes per share reflected below for the voting preferred stock is equal to the number of full shares of PNC common stock that can be acquired upon conversion of one share of voting preferred stock.
Title of Class or Series
Number of Shares Entitled to Vote
Votes Per Share
$1.80 Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock - Series B
- 3 -
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
THE PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP, INC.
|Date:||April 29, 2022||By:||/s/ Gregory H. Kozich|
|Gregory H. Kozich|
|Senior Vice President and Controller|
- 4 -
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PNC Financial (PNC) PT Lowered to $202 at Wells Fargo
- PNC ANNOUNCES STRESS CAPITAL BUFFER (SCB)
- COSMOGONIC MADE ITS WORLD PREMIERE IN PARIS, FRANCE, AT THE 5TH NEWIMAGES FESTIVAL
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSEC Filings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!