Form 6-K Sony Group Corp For: Jan 25
- Wall Street rallies, led by Tesla and other growth stocks
- Here's Which Stocks Warren Buffett's Berkshire (BRK) Bought in Q1
- Walmart (WMT) Stock Drops 6% as Higher Costs Weigh on Profit, Analyst Says Results 'Disappointing'
- Home Depot (HD) Shares Rally 4% on Earnings Beat, Results Seen as Strong
- Bear Rally Now 'Imminent' Says BofA's Hartnett but Warns Ultimate Lows Yet to Be Reached
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D. C. 20549
REPORT OF FOREIGN PRIVATE ISSUER
Pursuant to Rule 13a-16 or 15d-16 of
the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
For the month of JANUARY 2022
Commission File Number: 001-06439
SONY GROUP CORPORATION
(Translation of registrant's name into English)
1-7-1 KONAN, MINATO-KU, TOKYO, 108-0075, JAPAN
(Address of principal executive offices)
The registrant files annual reports under cover of Form 20-F.
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover of Form 20-F or Form 40-F,
Form 20-F X
Form 40-F __
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant by furnishing the information contained in this Form is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Yes No X
If "Yes" is marked, indicate below the file number assigned to the registrant in connection with Rule 12g3-2(b):82-______
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.
SONY GROUP CORPORATION
By: /s/ Hiroki Totoki
Executive Deputy President and
Chief Financial Officer
Date: January 25, 2022
List of materials
Documents attached hereto:
i) Press release: Sony Semiconductor Solutions Completes Initial Equity Investment in Japan Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing
January 25, 2022
Sony Group Corporation
Sony Semiconductor Solutions Completes Initial Equity Investment in Japan Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing
Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (“SSS”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation (“Sony”), today completed its initial equity investment in Japan Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing, Inc. (“JASM”), a foundry service subsidiary of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, pursuant to the definitive agreements previously announced on November 9, 2021. Including this investment, SSS will make a total equity investment of approximately 0.5 billion U.S. dollars in JASM in stages over the next two years.
Although JASM has become an affiliate of Sony accounted for using the equity method as a result of this investment, this transaction is not anticipated to have a material impact on Sony’s forecast for its consolidated financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sony (SONY) Stock Falls on Profit Miss, Guides to 18 Million PS5 Annual Unit Sales
- Optime Care Launches First-in-Class, Novel Copay Assistance Program, Uses Block-Chain Technology to Address Drug Manufacturer Partners’ Challenges
- Turntide Technologies Celebrates Everyday Climate Warriors with ‘Net Zero Action Heroes,’ a New Sustainability Podcast and Video Series
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSEC Filings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!