Form 6-K GREAT PANTHER MINING For: Jun 22
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
REPORT OF FOREIGN PRIVATE ISSUER PURSUANT TO RULE 13a-16 OR 15d-16
UNDER THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
For the month of June 2021
Commission File Number: 001-35043
GREAT PANTHER MINING LIMITED
(Translation of registrant's name into English)
1330 – 200 Granville Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 1S4, Canada
(Address of principal executive offices)
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover Form 20-F or Form 40-F.
[ ] Form 20-F [X] Form 40-F
Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(1): [ ]
Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(7): [ ]
INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE
Exhibit 99.1 to this report on Form 6-K furnished to the SEC is expressly incorporated by reference into the Registration Statement on Form F-10 of Great Panther Mining Limited (File No. 333-231830), as amended and supplemented.
|99.1||News Release dated June 22, 2021|
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.
GREAT PANTHER MINING LIMITED
/s/ Robert Henderson
President and CEO
Date: June 22, 2021
TSX: GPR | NYSE American: GPL
GREAT PANTHER MINING PUBLISHES 2020 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT
Vancouver, BC, June 22, 2021 – Great Panther Mining Limited (TSX:GPR; NYSE-A: GPL) (“Great Panther” or the “Company”), a growing gold and silver producer focused on the Americas, today published its 2020 “Mining For Good” Sustainability Report. This marks the Company’s second year reporting on its long-standing commitment in the areas of health, safety, environmental, social and governance management.
Robert Henderson, President and CEO of Great Panther stated: “This year’s report not only explores how we have further advanced our sustainability programs, but also sets new performance targets for continual improvement as we emerge from what was arguably one of the most challenging years of our lifetimes. I am incredibly proud of our teams across the continent for having come together to deliver on our business objectives in a safe and sustainable manner.”
Sustainability Report Highlights
- Improved safety performance statistics across all sites with a 57% reduction to the lost time injury frequency rate and a 50% reduction to the lost time severity rate over 2019. Despite these improvements, the Company was saddened to report a fatality at its Guanajuato Mine Complex in May 2020. Great Panther continuously updates its safety procedures and practices and provides ongoing safety training for employees and contractors.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive COVID-19 prevention, monitoring and response plans following the World Health Organization’s and local health authorities’ guidelines working closely with local governments and communities.
- Recorded zero fines or sanctions for non-compliance with environmental laws and regulations, including zero reportable spills or tailings-related incidents.
- Total water consumption decreased 4.4% from 2019; 82% of the water used at operations was recycled.
- Community engagement expenditure almost doubled compared to 2019 to more than $740,000 in 2020, largely in support of the Company’s COVID-19 response strategy, with over 21,000 beneficiaries from our programs.
- Women held 24% of leadership positions, including superintendents, managers, directors and vice presidents, and represented 16% of Great Panther’s total workforce.
- Established a Diversity Policy to ensure diversity of our Board of Directors and senior management team.
Great Panther’s 2020 Sustainability Report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (“GRI”) Standards Core option and the GRI Mining & Metals Sector Disclosures. The report is Great Panther’s annual commitment to transparent disclosure on non-financial performance across the material topics identified by the Company’s internal and external stakeholders. The report and accompanying 2020 performance data and GRI Index are available to download on Great Panther’s website at https://www.greatpanther.com/community/our-approach/.
ABOUT GREAT PANTHER
Great Panther is a growing gold and silver producer focused on the Americas. The Company owns a diversified portfolio of assets in Brazil, Mexico and Peru that includes three operating gold and silver mines, four exploration projects, and an advanced development project. Great Panther is actively exploring large land packages in highly prospective districts and is pursuing acquisition opportunities to complement its existing portfolio. Great Panther trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange trading under the symbol GPR, and on the NYSE American under the symbol GPL.
For more information, please contact:
Fiona Grant Leydier
Vice President, Investor Relations
T : +1 604 638 8956
TF : 1 888 355 1766
E : email@example.com
W : www.greatpanther.com
|1330 - 200 Granville Street | Vancouver, Canada V6C 1S4 | greatpanther.com||2|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Petroteq Provides By-Weekly Update on Status of Application for Management Cease Trade Order
- Islandsbanki hf.: Managers and related parties' transactions
- First National Bank Alaska Announces Unaudited Results for Second Quarter 2021
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSEC Filings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!