Close

Form 6-K BANCO SANTANDER CHILE For: Apr 07

April 7, 2022 5:16 PM EDT

Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.

 

 

FORM 6-K

 

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

 

Report of Foreign Issuer

 

Pursuant to Rule 13a-16 or 15d-16 of
the Securities Exchange Act of 1934

 

Commission File Number: 001-14554

 

Banco Santander Chile

Santander Chile Bank

(Translation of Registrant’s Name into English)

 

Bandera 140

Santiago, Chile

(Address of principal executive office)

 

Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover of Form 20-F or Form 40-F:

 

  Form 20-F   Form 40-F  

 

Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(1):

 

  Yes   No  

 

Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(7):

 

  Yes   No  

 

Indicate by check mark whether by furnishing the information contained in this Form, the Registrant is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934:

 

  Yes   No  

 

If “Yes” is marked, indicate below the file number assigned to the registrant in connection with Rule 12g3-2(b): N/A

 

 

 

 

 

EXHIBIT INDEX

 

EXHIBIT NO.   DESCRIPTION  
     
99.1   ORDINARY SHAREHOLDE’S MEETING

 

1

 

 

SIGNATURE

 

Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.

 

  BANCO SANTANDER-CHILE
   
  By: /s/ Cristian Florence
  Name: Cristian Florence
  Title: General Counsel

 

Date: April 7, 2022

 

 

Exhibit 99.1

 

 

SANTANDER 

 

ORDINARY SHAREHOLDER’S MEETING

 

In agreement with the Board of Directors, Banco Santander-Chile Ordinary Shareholder’s Meeting is to be held remotely on Wednesday April 27, 2022, at 4:00 PM Chile time, to review the following matters:

 

1)Submit for shareholder consideration and approval the Annual Report, Balance Sheet, Financial Statements and Report of the External Auditors for the period between January 1st and December 31st, 2021.
2)Resolve the destination of profits for the year 2021. A dividend of Ch$ 2.46741747 per share, corresponding to 60% of net income attributable to shareholders will be proposed, which if approved, will be paid on the next bank business day in Chile. Likewise, the remaining 40% of net income attributable to shareholders will be destined to increase the Bank's reserves.
3)Determination of the remuneration of the Board of Directors.
4)Appointment of External Auditors.
5)Appointment of local Risk Rating Agencies.
6)Report of the Directors and Audit Committee, determination of the remuneration of its members and the budget of expenses for its operation.
7)Account for the related party transactions as referred to in Title XVI of Law 18,046.
8)Consider any other matter of social interest that should be discussed at the Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting, in accordance with the law and the Bank's Bylaws.

 

It is noted that in accordance to article 49, N°6 of the General Banking Law, the Financial Statements of the Bank as of December 31, 2021 were published in Diario El Pulso y La Tercera on February 26, 2022 and also on the website https://santandercl.gcs-web.com/investors/shareholders-meetings, with the corresponding notes and Independent Auditor’s Report. The proposals and the Annual Report can also be found in the link above.

 

PARTICIPATION AND REMOTE VOTING IN THE SHAREHOLDER’S MEETING

 

Due to the contingency produced by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and in accordance to the General Norm N°435 and the memorandum N°1141 of the Financial Markets Commission, the shareholders must participate and vote long-distance exclusively through remote participation methods. The descriptive manual to validate the identity of the shareholder and participate in the meeting, as well as the voting system can all be found under the link https://banco.santander.cl/accionistas.

 

If the shareholder cannot participate, they can be represented by a third party, remotely, through a proxy.

 

PROXY VOTING

 

The proxy, if needed, should be granted with anticipation before the day of the shareholder’s meeting, in accordance to what is outlined in the descriptive manual on the web page.

 

 

CLAUDIO MELANDRI HINOJOSA

PRESIDENTE

 

 

 

 

 

 



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

SEC Filings