Close

Form 4 HERZFELD CARIBBEAN BASIN For: Jun 30 Filed by: Paylor Ryan M

July 5, 2022 5:41 PM EDT

News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FORM 4 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Expires: December 31, 2014
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
  
Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person *
Paylor Ryan M

(Last) (First) (Middle)
THE HERZFELD CARIBBEAN BASIN FUND INC.
119 WASHINGTON AVE., SUITE 504

(Street)
MIAMI BEACH FL 33139

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
HERZFELD CARIBBEAN BASIN FUND INC [ CUBA ]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
Director 10% Owner
Officer (give title below) X Other (specify below)
Portfolio Manager
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (Month/Day/Year)
06/30/2022
4. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 3) 2. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 3. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed Of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 3 and 4) 6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common stock 06/30/2022   J (1)   249 A $ 4.1379 4,146 D  
Table II - Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 3) 2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 4. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 3 and 4) 8. Price of Derivative Security (Instr. 5) 9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Explanation of Responses:
1. On June 30, 2022, the Fund paid a quarterly distribution of $0.26475 per share to shareholders of record on May 23, 2022 in cash and shares of common stock (the "June 2022 Distribution"). The June 2022 Distribution was paid in cash or shares of the Fund's common stock at the election of stockholders with the total amount of cash distributed to all stockholders limited to 20% of the total distribution to be paid, excluding any cash paid for fractional shares. The remainder of the June 2022 Distribution (approx. 80%) was paid in the form of shares of the Fund's common stock. The exact distribution of cash and stock to any given stockholder was dependent upon their election as well as elections of other stockholders, subject to the pro-rata limitation. The price per share used to calculate the number of shares to be issued in lieu of cash was $4.13792. Mr. R. Paylor received 249 shares of common stock of the Fund in connection with the June 2022 Distribution.
/s/ Ryan M. Paylor 07/05/2022
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.


Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

SEC Filings