China Asks Local Governments to Prepare for Potential Downfall of Evergrande Group - DJ
- Tesla, PayPal lift S&P 500 and Nasdaq ahead of Big Tech earnings
- Biggest Single EV Purchase Ever: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Soars as Hertz Orders 100,000 EVs in $4.2 Billion Deal, Analyst Bulled-up
- PayPal (PYPL) Stock Soars Over 6% on Confirmation It Won't Acquire Pinterest (PINS) 'At This Time'; PINS Stock Down 11%
- Oil prices reach multi-year highs on tight supply
- Tesla (TSLA): New Price Target of $1,200 Implies HALF the Company's Growth Target - Morgan Stanley
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 23, 2021 6:18 AM EDT)
China authorities are asking local governments to prepare for the potential downfall of China Evergrande Group, according to Dow Jones, citing officials familiar with the discussions.
The report said this signals a reluctance to bail out the debt-saddled property developer, while bracing for any economy and social fallout.
Officials characterized the actions being orders to getting ready for the possible storm, with local-level government agencies and state-owned enterprises instructed to step in only at the last minute should Evergrande fail to manage its affairs in an orderly fashion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hertz Orders 100,000 Units from Tesla (TSLA) - Report; The Largest Single EV Purchase Ever
- Citron Research Raises its Price Target on Marqeta, Inc. (MQ) to $55
- Tesla (TSLA) Hits $1 Trillion Market Cap
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!