Vietnam's Communist Party cuts short key congress amid COVID-19 outbreak
- S&P 500, Dow hit record highs on bank earnings boost
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar heads for second week of losses as yields decline
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
FILE PHOTO: A Vietnamese soldier stands guard at the National Convention Center, the venue for the 13th national congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam, in Hanoi, Vietnam January 27, 2021. REUTERS/Kham/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnam's ruling Communist Party said it would cut short a key five-yearly congress on Saturday amid a new COVID-19 outbreak in several northern provinces that was detected earlier this week.
The congress will end on Monday, a day earlier than previously scheduled, state media reported. The reports did not say why the congress would end early.
(Reporting by Khanh Vu and Phuong Nguyen; Writing by James Pearson; Editing by William Mallard)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jeffrey Epstein's accusers cannot challenge plea agreement: U.S. appeals court
- Swiss National Bank, after U.S. Treasury report, says it is not manipulating franc
- In London's East End, adoration and expletives for the royal family
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!