UiPath raises $1.34 billion in IPO
- Wall St weighed down by inflation jitters
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
- Bill Gates Left Microsoft (MSFT) Board Amid Probe Into 'Intimate Relationship': WSJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
By Krystal Hu and Echo Wang
(Reuters) -Automation technology startup UiPath said on Tuesday it sold shares in its initial public offering (IPO) above its target range to raise $1.34 billion.
The company said it priced 23.89 million shares at $56 per share.
UiPath, which counts the likes of Accel, Dragoneer and Coatue Management among its prominent backers, uses artificial intelligence and digital tools to help large corporations and government agencies automate routine tasks in areas such as accounting and human resources.
The company on Monday increased its indicated target range to between $52 and $54 per share, up from $43 to $50. Of the shares sold, 9.4 million were by UiPath and about 14.5 million were from existing investors.
The IPO values UiPath at $29 billion.
The software maker's debut comes amid a flurry of major tech listings, as startups look to capitalize on the sky-high investor demand for new, high-growth tech stocks.
UiPath was launched in 2015 with a team of 10 people based in Bucharest, Romania, by former Microsoft executives Daniel Dines and Marius Tirca.
The tech startup has seen demand for its robotic process automation services soar, as more companies shifted to remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UiPath's shares are scheduled to start trading on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "PATH". Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan are the lead underwriters on the IPO.
(Reporting by Krystal Hu in New York and Echo Wang in Miami; Additional reporting by Shubham Kalia in Bengaluru; Editing by Greg Roumeliotis and Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Street Starts Coverage of UiPath (PATH) With Mixed Ratings, Seen as a 'Clear Leader' in the Fast-Growing Workflow Automation Market But Some Say High Growth Already Priced In
- Vaccination helping Lufthansa's Eurowings to fast volume growth - unit boss
- U.S. imposes fresh sanctions on Myanmar - Treasury website
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Coatue Management, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!