Thousands of people join protest in Madrid in support of Palestinians
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
People take part in a protest in support of Palestine, at Puerta del Sol square, in Madrid, Spain May 15, 2021. REUTERS/Juan Medina
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MADRID - (Reuters) - Thousands joined a protest in Madrid on Saturday in support of the Palestinian people after six days of conflict with Israel.
The Association of the Spanish-Palestinian Community held the "Jerusalem" rally on the 73rd anniversary of the 1948 Nakba, or catastrophe, when many Palestinians lost their homes in the fighting around Israel's creation.
"We have been silent for many years. It is time for us to speak for all those Palestinians who are dying and defend them because if we don't, no one else will," said Sara Mimar, 18, a student.
Spanish police did not give numbers for those attending.
(Reporting by Graham Keeley; Additional reporting by Elena Rodriguez, Juan Medina; Editing by Mike Harrison)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. tire industry harmed by Korea, Taiwan, Thailand tire imports -trade panel
- FBI Director Wray urges companies stop paying ransoms to hackers
- Brazil official says he warned Bolsonaro over pressure to buy Bharat vaccine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!