Tesla to extend furlough for some employees by another week: internal email
- Wall Street mints big gains to end strong week
- JP Morgan's Kolanovic Predicts No Recession and Next Week's Rebalancing Could Drive Stocks Up 7%
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ends constitutional right to abortion
- FedEx (FDX) Gains on Solid FY23 Outlook, Analysts Mostly Bulled Up Into Next Week's Investors Day
- Get Ready for a 10% Rally in S&P 500
FILE PHOTO: A view of Tesla Inc's U.S. vehicle factory in Fremont, California, U.S., March 18, 2020. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) told furloughed employees on Friday that they will remain out of work for at least another week, postponing a plan to resume normal operations on May 4 at its San Francisco vehicle-assembly plant, according to an internal email.
"For furloughed employees, unless you are contacted by your manager about a start date, you will remain on furlough until further notice, at least for another week," the company's in-house counsel Valerie Capers Workman said in the email, which was sent to employees and seen by Reuters.
Tesla suspended production at its Fremont, California plant on March 24.
The extension comes days after health officials from San Francisco County, along with five other Bay Area counties, said they would revise "shelter-in-place" orders that are set to expire on Sunday.
The new orders will keep the restrictions in place and extend them through May, with limited easing for a small number of low-risk activities.
The company was not immediately available to a Reuter's request for comment.
The electric carmaker last month furloughed all non-essential workers and implemented salary cuts during a shutdown of its U.S. production facilities because of the coronavirus outbreak.
(Reporting by Aakriti Bhalla in Bengaluru and Tina Bellon in New York; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) PT Lowered to $1,000 at Credit Suisse, 'A challenged quarter, but long-term bull thesis intact'
- Active options: TSLA AAPL AMZN META AMD NVDA BAC
- Iran-U.S. nuclear talks to resume 'in the coming days', Tehran and EU say
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!