Ronaldo becomes joint all-time international top-scorer
- Wall Street extends rally, S&P, Nasdaq on course for record closing highs
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Soccer Football - Euro 2020 - Group F - Portugal v France - Puskas Arena, Budapest, Hungary - June 23, 2021 Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo scores their second goal from the penalty spot Pool via REUTERS/Franck Fife
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Cristiano Ronaldo tied Iran's Ali Daei as the all-time top scorer in international soccer by moving on to 109 goals in Portugal's Euro 2020 game against France on Wednesday.
Ronaldo scored a first-half penalty to put Portugal 1-0 ahead and he struck again from the spot in the second half to make it 2-2.
(Reporting by Richard Martin, editing by Ed Osmond)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Five metrics bond investors are watching as COVID fears return
- France says boatload of 42 migrants rescued in English Channel
- Dispute over Italian coronavirus study shows challenges of probing origins
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!