Moscow extends COVID-19 restrictions, closes Euro 2020 fan zones
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
FILE PHOTO: A general view of the centre of Moscow in the dusk, shot from an airplane flying over the city, Russia June 2, 2021. Picture taken June 2, 2021. REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) -The Russian capital Moscow will extend COVID-19 restrictions imposed this week until June 29, mayor Sergei Sobyanin said on Friday, after a surge in daily cases.
The measures include bans on public events with more than 1,000 people, shutting cafes and restaurants at night, and closing soccer fan zones set up for the European Championship, Sobyanin said on his blog.
The mayor said this week Moscow was facing a new, more aggressive and infectious coronavirus variant.
His office has this month ordered mandatory vaccinations for a number of service workers in the city and declared this week a non-working week. Businesses will return to work on Monday, Sobyanin said.
(Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Olzhas Auyezov;Editing by Alison Williamsand Timothy Heritage)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jumpy investors brace for next shoe to drop in China regulatory crackdown
- BP boosts payouts after profit jump, transition on track
- Stellantis ups 2021 profit margin goal despite chip squeeze
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!