Lending platform Kredivo to go public via $2.5 billion SPAC merger
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - FinAccel on Monday agreed to go public through a merger with a blank-check firm, valuing the parent of Indonesian buy now, pay later platform Kredivo at about $2.5 billion, a further sign of consolidation in the fast-growing sector.
The deal follows Square Inc's move to purchase buy now, pay later pioneer Afterpay Ltd for $29 billion, underscoring the popularity of the business model that has boomed in the past year as homebound consumers used it to borrow and spend online during the pandemic.
FinAccel's deal with VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings II, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), gives the fintech firm gross proceeds of $430 million, including a private investment of $120 million led by Marshall Wace, Corbin Capital, SV Investment, Palantir Technologies, Maso Capital, and sponsor Victory Park Capital.
Kredivo, the largest buy now, pay later platform in Indonesia, provides customers instant credit financing for e-commerce and offline purchases, as well as personal loans, based on AI-enabled real-time decisioning.
The company has nearly 4 million approved customers and a presence across eight of the top 10 e-commerce merchants in Indonesia, with plans to expand into regional markets such as Vietnam and Thailand in the near future.
FinAccel's investors over the years include Square Peg, Mirae Asset, NAVER, Jungle Ventures, GMO Internet, and Telkom Indonesia.
SPACs are shell companies that raise funds through an initial public offering to take a private company public through a merger at a later date.
Goldman Sachs (Singapore) Pte is serving as financial adviser to Kredivo.
(Reporting by Noor Zainab Hussain in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prenetics to Become Publicly Traded on Nasdaq via Merger with Adrian Cheng's Artisan Acquisition Corp. (ARTA) (ARTAU)
- VPC Impact Acquisition (VIH) and Bakkt Holdings Announces Effectiveness of Registration Statemen for Proposed Merger; Set Special Meeting for 10AM on October 14th
- IPO for SPAC Endurance Acquisition Corp. (ENDC) Opens at $9.89
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters, SPAC
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Definitive Agreement, IPO, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!