EU trade chief says Mercosur free-trade deal is important
- Futures firm after tax hike proposal, business activity data eyed
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Bitcoin sinks below $50,000 as cryptos stumble over Biden tax plans
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Euro regains poise as data points to stronger recovery
FILE PHOTO: European Commission Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis speaks during a news conference in Brussels, Belgium, March 4, 2021. REUTERS/Johanna Geron/Pool
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PARIS (Reuters) - The free-trade treaty between the European Union and the South American bloc Mercosur is important, EU trade chief Valdis Dombrovskis said on Tuesday.
Speaking at a parliamentary hearing in France, Dombrovskis also said that the European Union was working with Mercosur on additional commitments on deforestation and climate sustainability under the Paris agreement.
"It is important to have such a deal," he told French lawmakers.
France said last month there was no chance at the moment that it would ratify the free-trade deal between the two blocs.
(Reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by Alex Richardson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Report pinpoints billions in available U.S. funds to revive coal country
- Thousands mourn Chad's Deby, rebels say their command hit by air strike
- Special Report-Giant U.S. landlords pursue evictions despite CDC ban