China NDRC approves 16 fixed-asset investment projects worth $6.96 billion in first quarter
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
FILE PHOTO: A general view shows traffic during evening rush hour at the central business district (CBD) in Beijing, China, January 15, 2021. Picture taken January 15, 2021. REUTERS/Tingshu Wang
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's state planner said on Monday that it approved 16 fixed-asset investment projects worth a total of 45.4 billion yuan ($6.96 billion) in the first quarter of this year.
The projects are mainly in the transportation, high technology and energy sectors, Meng Wei, a spokesperson for the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), told reporters at a regular briefing.
The NDRC also said that China's power consumption surged 21.2% in the first quarter from a year earlier.
($1 = 6.5252 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Liangping Gao and Ryan Woo; Editing by Christopher Cushing)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Taiwan says Hong Kong tycoon asset freeze a warning to global investors
- Myanmar army battles anti-coup rebels in northwest town
- Portugal to allow EU and UK tourists with a negative coronavirus test
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!