Britain says it stands with Bulgaria against 'malign' Russian activity
- Wall St ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
FILE PHOTO: Britain's Foreign Affairs Secretary Dominic Raab looks on as he walks outside Downing Street in London, Britain, February 24, 2021. REUTERS/John Sibley
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said it stands with Bulgaria against "malign activity" by Russia in the country, adding that Moscow had been seeking to undermine the sovereignty of a NATO ally.
"We fully support Bulgaria's efforts in disrupting an alleged spy ring and taking steps to tackle Russia's hostile actions in its territory," Britain's Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said on Twitter on Saturday.
Bulgarian prosecutors said on Friday that they had charged six Bulgarians, including senior officials from the defence ministry and military intelligence, with spying for Russia.
(Reporting by Sarah Young; Editing by Alexander Smith)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- At least 34 migrants dead as boat capsizes off Djibouti, IOM says
- Air France-KLM to raise 1 billion euros via share issue
- Nvidia expects first-quarter sales to exceed $5.3 billion