Amazon to more than double payroll in Spain to 25,000 by 2025
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
FILE PHOTO: A worker moves boxes at a packaging area inside Amazon distribution center in El Prat de Llobregat, near Barcelona, Spain, March 15, 2018. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Corrects surname to "Marseglia" from "Marsiegla")
TOLEDO, Spain (Reuters) - U.S. online retail giant Amazon will more than double its payroll in Spain to 25,000 workers by 2025 from 12,000 last year, Mariangela Marseglia, Amazon's vice president and general manager for Spain and Italy, said on Thursday.
She added that Amazon will raise the number of its logistics centres in the country to 40 by the end of this year from 31 now.
The retail and logistics giant also said it will train 50,000 small and medium businesses and entrepreneurs to sell their products online by the end of 2025.
(Reporting by Clara-Laeila Laudette, Editing by Inti Landauro)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Factbox-COP26 in Glasgow: Who is going and who is not?
- Dominican Republic convicts two people over corruption linked to Odebrecht
- Obama to attend Glasgow climate summit, meet with youth activists
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!