SpaceX Raises $337 Million in Fresh Funding, Elon Musk Hits Back at Critics
- S&P 500 ends lower as Fed hints at hawkish tightening timeline
- Tesla (TSLA) Tops Q4 EPS by 28c
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent, reduces assets purchases by another $30 billion/month and sees ending them in March
- 'Living up to the Legend': Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Recovers Earlier Losses as Analysts Boost Price Targets Despite Azure Growth Slowdown
- Buy Any Further Significant Pullback in Equities - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Elon Musk’s SpaceX has raised $337.4 million in fresh funding, according to a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
The latest funding round comes just two months after SpaceX raised funds through a secondary share sale. CNBC reported at that time that SpaceX hit a $100 billion valuation. It is still unknown how much was SpaceX valued in the private market during the latest funding round.
Musk hinted earlier that SpaceX will become a public company once it becomes financially sustainable.
In the meantime, Musk responded to criticism that his SpaceX is flooding the space with satellites.
“Space is just extremely enormous, and satellites are very tiny. This is not some situation where we’re effectively blocking others in any way. We’ve not blocked anyone from doing anything, nor do we expect to,” Musk told the FT.
Josef Aschbacher, head of the European Space Agency, accused Elon Musk of “making the rules” related to the new commercial space economy.
Musk added that there’s room for “tens of billions of satellites.”
“A couple of thousand satellites is nothing. It’s like, hey, here’s a couple of thousand of cars on Earth — it’s nothing.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) trading up 4.7% into the fed statement and earnings after the close
- Groupon (GRPN) Surges as SumUp Investment Gets Massive Valuation
- Checkpoint Therapeutics (CKPT) PT Raised to $20 at Cantor Fitzgerald Following Positive Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPrivate Company News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!