Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
A popular chat app Discord announced today it raised $500 million in the latest funding round led by Dragoneer Investment Group.
Bloomberg reported earlier that the company raised funds at a private market valuation of $15 billion.
Baillie Gifford & Co, Coatue Management, Fidelity Management & Research Co and Franklin Templeton also participated in the financing.
In the business update posted on the website, Discord said it has now surpassed 150 million people that come to the platform every single month.
“This huge growth is due to the great strides we’ve made by expanding Discord beyond our roots in gaming to become one of the most popular communications platforms in the world. From career fairs and new music drops, fireside chats and wellness seminars, karaoke sessions and book clubs, Discord has become an inclusive place for people to hang out with others, build lasting relationships, and find belonging” the company said.
The latest funding round comes a few months after the chat platform was in talks with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) over a potential $10 billion takeover.
Last December, the company raised $100 million at a valuation of 7 billion. For 2020, the company reported revenue of $130 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft announces proposed election of new board member
- Microsoft to shut down LinkedIn in China, cites 'challenging' environment
- Active options: AAPL TSLA AMD AMC NVDA BAC F WFC FB MSFT PLUG
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPrivate Company News
Related EntitiesBaillie Gifford & Co., Coatue Management
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!