The mobile gaming company LeoVegas launches LeoVegas Sport
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Mobile gaming company LeoVegas has taken the strategic decision to launch mobile sports betting. With a passion for providing the greatest mobile gaming experience, LeoVegas sees exciting opportunities in the market for sports betting.
LeoVegas believes that there is no other company today that has clearly taken the leading position in mobile sports betting. The company sees good growth potential for sports betting, with opportunities to attract more customers, increased opportunities for add-on sales to existing customers, and opportunities to build the company's brand. LeoVegas has chosen Kambi Group plc as the supplier of software and odds compiling, which mean that Sports betting can be launched without a significant increase in LeoVegas current organization.
- The European market for online sports betting is worth EUR 5.9 bn, making it roughly 50% larger than the online casino market. The total European market for sports betting is worth EUR 15.4 bn.
- While existing sports betting products in the market have been developed primarily for desktop, a large share of online sports betting is already done using smartphones.
- The launch of LeoVegas Sport is expected to take place during the first half of 2016.
"This marks yet another milestone in the mobile gaming company LeoVegas' history! We are growing steadily in new markets, but also with new products. With this decision we will show the possibilities afforded by smartphones in sports and what customers can expect from sports betting in the mobile era. We look forward to taking mobile sports betting to a whole new level." comments Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO LeoVegas AB.
"LeoVegas is a very exciting and fast growing brand in mobile gaming. We are excited to work with LeoVegas as our services will complement their existing casino offering with a premium sports betting service that will accelerate growth. Our mutual interest in driving innovation in mobile sports betting forms powerful foundation for this partnership and we look forward to supporting LeoVegas to deliver on its ambition of creating a game changing mobile sports betting experience." comments Kristian Nylén, CEO of Kambi Group plc.
Sports betting is an area that the company's customers have expressed interest in, and now LeoVegas is taking the step to meet that demand. 2016 will be an exceptional year in sport, highlighted by the UEFA European Championship and the Summer Olympics, presenting an attractive occasion to launch LeoVegas Sport.
Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO and Co-founder, +46 70-880 55 22, [email protected]
Visitors' address: Sveavägen 59, Stockholm
Corporate Identity Number: 556830-4033
About the mobile gaming company LeoVegas
LeoVegas vision is to create the greatest gaming experience and be number one in mobile gaming entertainment. The Mobile Gaming Group LeoVegas holds a leading market position in mobile casino gaming. LeoVegas is characterised by award winning innovation and strong growth. The operations of LeoVegas are based in Malta while the technology development is in Sweden.The ultimate parent company LeoVegas AB (publ) invests in companies operating in gaming on mobile and other online devices, as well as companies developing related technology. LeoVegas has internationally been recognised and has won several awards, including "Slot operator of the year 2015", "Marketing Campaign of the year", "Innovation in Mobile and Tablet" at EGR Awards. More at www.LeoVegas.com.
 Source: H2 Gambling Capital.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: LeoVegas AB via Globenewswire
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pennant Acquires Yuma Arizona Hospice Provider
- Safe Supply Streaming Appoints Geoff Kritzinger as Chief Financial Officer
- ALX Resources Corp. Extends Flow-Through Private Placement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!