The mobile gaming company LeoVegas launches LeoVegas Sport
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close up 4th straight week as optimism grows
- 'Back in Tech': Investors are Increasing Exposure to Tech and Growth Stocks - BofA
- Rivian Reports Bigger Loss, Says Current Models Won't Qualify for Tax Breaks
- US-listed China Stocks Slip on Delisting Moves, Analyst Sees Short-term Noise
- Salesforce (CRM), Snowflake (SNOW) Rated New Sell at Guggenheim, Oracle (ORCL) at Buy
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mobile gaming company LeoVegas has taken the strategic decision to launch mobile sports betting. With a passion for providing the greatest mobile gaming experience, LeoVegas sees exciting opportunities in the market for sports betting.
LeoVegas believes that there is no other company today that has clearly taken the leading position in mobile sports betting. The company sees good growth potential for sports betting, with opportunities to attract more customers, increased opportunities for add-on sales to existing customers, and opportunities to build the company's brand. LeoVegas has chosen Kambi Group plc as the supplier of software and odds compiling, which mean that Sports betting can be launched without a significant increase in LeoVegas current organization.
- The European market for online sports betting is worth EUR 5.9 bn, making it roughly 50% larger than the online casino market. The total European market for sports betting is worth EUR 15.4 bn.
- While existing sports betting products in the market have been developed primarily for desktop, a large share of online sports betting is already done using smartphones.
- The launch of LeoVegas Sport is expected to take place during the first half of 2016.
"This marks yet another milestone in the mobile gaming company LeoVegas' history! We are growing steadily in new markets, but also with new products. With this decision we will show the possibilities afforded by smartphones in sports and what customers can expect from sports betting in the mobile era. We look forward to taking mobile sports betting to a whole new level." comments Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO LeoVegas AB.
"LeoVegas is a very exciting and fast growing brand in mobile gaming. We are excited to work with LeoVegas as our services will complement their existing casino offering with a premium sports betting service that will accelerate growth. Our mutual interest in driving innovation in mobile sports betting forms powerful foundation for this partnership and we look forward to supporting LeoVegas to deliver on its ambition of creating a game changing mobile sports betting experience." comments Kristian Nylén, CEO of Kambi Group plc.
Sports betting is an area that the company's customers have expressed interest in, and now LeoVegas is taking the step to meet that demand. 2016 will be an exceptional year in sport, highlighted by the UEFA European Championship and the Summer Olympics, presenting an attractive occasion to launch LeoVegas Sport.
Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO and Co-founder, +46 70-880 55 22, [email protected]
Visitors' address: Sveavägen 59, Stockholm
Corporate Identity Number: 556830-4033
About the mobile gaming company LeoVegas
LeoVegas vision is to create the greatest gaming experience and be number one in mobile gaming entertainment. The Mobile Gaming Group LeoVegas holds a leading market position in mobile casino gaming. LeoVegas is characterised by award winning innovation and strong growth. The operations of LeoVegas are based in Malta while the technology development is in Sweden.The ultimate parent company LeoVegas AB (publ) invests in companies operating in gaming on mobile and other online devices, as well as companies developing related technology. LeoVegas has internationally been recognised and has won several awards, including "Slot operator of the year 2015", "Marketing Campaign of the year", "Innovation in Mobile and Tablet" at EGR Awards. More at www.LeoVegas.com.
 Source: H2 Gambling Capital.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: LeoVegas AB via Globenewswire
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aura Network Schedules Its Mainnet Launch for October
- Anaergia To Release Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results And To Also File Certain Restated Financial Statements and MD&As on August 15, 2022
- 2022 Taiwan Summer Tourism Festival Kicks Off For a Cool Summer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!