The K Street Group and Vehicle Dynamics Institute: Training Announcement
- Wall St falls as economic woes hit banks, industrials stocks
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
- Oil prices fall as Delta variant spread weighs
- Lyft (LYFT) Beats Q2 Estimates, Firms Raise PTs on Accelerating Demand
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
LEBANON, N.J. (PRWEB) June 16, 2021
Teaming up with Vehicle Dynamics Institute (VDI), The K Street Group will provide advanced training to law enforcement and first responders, protection practitioners and security managers, and executive protection professionals. Beginning this summer, extending into the fall, the partnership will instruct three innovative, intensive, and interactive courses, unparalleled in the industry.
Course One: Modern Vehicle Ambush Survival Skills for Law Enforcement and First Responders:
The first course in its series is designed to provide lifesaving training in the tactics and techniques needed to overcome limitations imposed by the latest automotive technology. As law enforcement, public safety, and emergency response agencies retire their existing fleets and transition to newer vehicles equipped with advanced driver assistance systems, such as collision avoidance systems, automatic emergency breaking, and similar technology, it is imperative that officers, deputies, agents, and other first responder personnel understand the limitations these systems may create when confronted by an immediate threat of violence.
Moreover, as protest activity demanding a national reckoning on social and racial injustices persists around the country, the number of incidents in which demonstrators aggressively target law enforcement and response personnel inside of their vehicles is simultaneously on the rise. While technology is designed to reduce dangers that the average driver faces, it might instead put professionals in law enforcement, fire response, emergency medical service, and other public safety roles in positions of elevated risk.
The one-day, eight hour course is set for Wednesday, July 28th at VDI's training facility and K Street's Vehicular Training Academy Annex, Pocono Raceway situated in Long Pond, Pennsylvania. Pocono Raceway, one of the premier motorsports complexes in the country, is conveniently located two hours from New York City and Philadelphia, and an even shorter distance from Central and Northern, New Jersey.
Vehicle Counterambush Instruction Overview:
- Overview of advanced driver assistance and digital control systems
- Recognizing and compensating for system activations and engagements
- The increased criticality of situational awareness
- Influencing and de-escalating volatile encounters
- Controlling the scene and the situation
- Vehicle dynamics and ambush survival choreography
- Case studies and lessons learned
- Assessing risks and vulnerabilities
- Intrusion prevention and detection through environmental design
- Seamless integration of technology and human resources
- Managing command post and communications functions
- K9 protection operations and sustainment
- Interacting with media and paparazzi
- Dealing with unwanted approaches, deliberate intrusions, and forced entry
- "Secure in Place" plans, protocols, and procedures
- The advantages and disadvantages of static vs. mobile security
- Vehicle options for mobile patrol operations
- Mounted and dismounted patrol, search, and response protocols
- Rural medical response
- Myths and misconceptions of protective detail leadership
- Roles and responsibilities of the detail leader
- Transitioning from the person-on-the-ground to the person-in-the-lead
- Communication: the foundation for success
- Mental preparedness for protection leaders
- Overcoming the F.U.D. Factor (fear, uncertainty, and doubt)
- Building, navigating, and maintaining relationships with the principal, key stakeholders, vendors/contractors, and counterparts
- Setting and exceeding expectations
- Delegating authority vs. delegating responsibility
- The 90% Rule and the Leadership Perspective on:
-Protective intelligence and the reality of OSINT/SOSINT
-Pre-planning and coordination
- Focal Points for Operational Success:
-The protective advance
-Hope for the best, plan for the worst
-Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable
- How and why great leaders NEVER do it alone
- Difficult conversations why, when, and where to have them
To register for these highly desired courses and learn additional information regarding instruction fees, available lodging, and more, please explore K Street's website or contact Chief Operating Officer, Bob Aromando by telephone 908-200-7344 X312 or at email@example.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cyware and Ivanti Announce Global Partnership to Scale the Fusion of IT Ops and SecOps
- BenefitMall Launches Team-Based Selling Structure
- Long Island, NY-Based King Quality Construction, Inc. Receives Esteemed GAF Premium System Professional and President's Club Awards
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!