The EU's farm to fork strategy: An assessment from the perspective of agricultural economics
- Stocks pause as key inflation data eyed
- Citi says S&P 500 not in a bubble, tells investors to 'buy pullbacks'
- Lowe's fourth-quarter net sales top Wall Street estimates
- JPMorgan's Kolanovic says the S&P 500 rally is at risk from a narrative shift
- Apple (AAPL) discontinues its electric car project, redirects team to focus on GenAI
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) April 04, 2022
The war in the Ukraine underlines the importance of food production for food security. EU policy makers have to be aware about the implications of the farm-to-fork strategy for food security. According to the European Commission "The Farm-to-Fork Strategy is at the heart of the European Green Deal aiming to make food systems fair, healthy, and environmentally-friendly"
In the new article "The EU's farm to fork strategy: An assessment from the perspective of agricultural economics" published in AEPP, Justus Wesseler from Wageningen University dives deeper into the implications of the EU farm-to-fork strategy for sustainable development.
Wesseler says, "The quantitative assessment of benefits and costs by previous studies indicates that the farm-to-fork strategy will reduce welfare within the EU. This will fuel consumer price inflation at EU and international level. Additional policy changes are necessary for translating the farm-to-fork strategy into a welfare increasing policy strategy."
If you are interested in setting up an interview, please contact Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes two journals, the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Paycor to Present at the JMP Securities Technology Conference
- Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. Reports Record Fourth Quarter Results, Establishes 2024 Guidance and Announces 2024 First Quarter Dividend of $0.76 Per Share
- Inter Parfums, Inc. Reports 2023 Fourth Quarter and Record Full Year Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!