The EU's farm to fork strategy: An assessment from the perspective of agricultural economics
- Wall St ends slightly higher after mixed Fed statements
- Charlie Munger dies at 99
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks rise as dollar falls, gold rallies on Fed commentary
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) April 04, 2022
The war in the Ukraine underlines the importance of food production for food security. EU policy makers have to be aware about the implications of the farm-to-fork strategy for food security. According to the European Commission "The Farm-to-Fork Strategy is at the heart of the European Green Deal aiming to make food systems fair, healthy, and environmentally-friendly"
In the new article "The EU's farm to fork strategy: An assessment from the perspective of agricultural economics" published in AEPP, Justus Wesseler from Wageningen University dives deeper into the implications of the EU farm-to-fork strategy for sustainable development.
Wesseler says, "The quantitative assessment of benefits and costs by previous studies indicates that the farm-to-fork strategy will reduce welfare within the EU. This will fuel consumer price inflation at EU and international level. Additional policy changes are necessary for translating the farm-to-fork strategy into a welfare increasing policy strategy."
If you are interested in setting up an interview, please contact Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes two journals, the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voxtur Announces Financial Results for Q3 2023 Ended September 30, 2023
- Bitfarms Announces Closing of C$60 Million Private Placement with U.S. Institutional Investors
- L.A. County’s Trauma Center System Partners with OneLegacy to Celebrate 40 Years of Serving Southern Californian Critical Care Patients
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!