Secret Diner Program Provides Critical Food Safety Image Insight
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
DENVER, July 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Until now, restaurant owners or management wanting timely, focused, anonymous food safety image insight had no cost effective confidential alternatives. Governmental health inspectors are doing their best, but inspections are infrequent. Generally, consumer reviews are not focused on food safety and lack critical process improvement data.
Harlan Stueven MD, DiningGrades.com Founder, says, "By offering selected restaurant owners and management this innovative tool they can identify areas needing improvement."
The goal of the program is to provide restaurants critical feedback from "secret diner" food safety ratings. That feedback can be used to improve guest perceptions, increase food safety and reduce the risk of food borne disease. The secret diner program will provide a restaurant's food safety image as seen through the consumer's eyes, using specific targeted questions designed to improve primarily front of the house consistency.
Why is a restaurant food safety image important?
- "Diners consider restaurant cleanliness to be more important than the quality of the food." ECOLAB
- "Dirty dishes... and dirty restrooms are the top reasons consumers would never return to a restaurant." CINTAS
Restaurant owners or management can't afford to ignore food safety because for each known customer complaint, 20 don't express concerns except to friends and family.
Waiting for an annual or semiannual government food inspection or randomly learning of a concern on a blog or generic rating system is an inefficient and ineffective means for continuous process improvement.
The program invites regional food bloggers, food enthusiasts and food critics to participate and become committed secret diners. Secret diners have an exclusive opportunity to grade a restaurant on cleanliness using a copyrighted demerit based questionnaire that leads to a comprehensive grade. Committed secret diners earn restaurant gift certificates and a can choose from a variety of unique rewards.
"CleanDropMobile.com is poised to assist in focusing on areas needing improvement with a coordinated plan to improve the restaurant food safety image," says Founder Ron VanDerMolen.
"Together DiningGrades.com and CleanDropMobile.com are committed to improvement of food safety and enhancement of public health," says Dr. Stueven. "We are the Eyes and Voice of Restaurant Patrons, Providing Critical Feedback on Food Safety."
Dining Grades LLC, founded in 2010, has thousands of users and ratings in all 50 states with a mission to promote food safety by increasing public awareness and formation of partnerships within the food industry. Designed by physicians and a health department inspector, DiningGrades.com also offers all restaurant patrons a tool to grade restaurants on cleanliness, satisfaction and recommendation.
The Secret Diner Program offers restaurant owners and management unique, confidential insight that can be used for continuous process improvement of their food safety deficiencies and image.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/secret-diner-program-provides-critical-food-safety-image-insight-300118695.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China Green Agriculture (CGA) Receives NYSE Notice Regarding Late Form 10-Q Filing
- Mamamancini's Holdings, Inc. Common (MMMB) Receives Nasdaq Notice Regarding Late Filing of Annual Report on Form 10-K
- Moxian, Inc. (MOXC) Provides Update on Status Under Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!