Retailers Show Staggering Optimism About Internet Of Things, New RSR Research Report Finds
- Wall Street regains some ground with help from easing virus fears
- Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) Stock Jumps As U.S. Congressman Nunes Leaves to Head Trump Media
- Kohl's (KSS) Stock Tick Higher as Activist Investor Engine Capital Urges Board to Consider Sale
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Remains Below $50,000 After Weekend Selloff, Analyst Expects a 'Hard Month'
- MongoDB (MDB) Stock Surges 17% Following Q3 'Beat and Raise'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Miami, FL (PRWEB) August 27, 2015
Retail Systems Research, LLC today released its findings from its 2015 Benchmark Report, The Internet Of Things In Retail: Great Expectations. The report, based on a survey of 138 retailers, found that retailers with the best sales have a sharper focus on new IoT technologies – much more so than their average and underperforming peers. The research is available for free download (registration required).
"The most startling outcome of our research was retailers' strong interest in using IoT - not for operations or maintenance - but for connecting with consumers," reports Steve Rowen, managing partner at RSR Research and co-author of the report. "For now, at least, it's more about driving differentiation and revenue than about cutting costs."
Key Findings include:
• 42% of retail respondents strongly agree that the Internet of Things will drastically change retail in the next 3 years
• 72% of retail respondents report they have IoT projects of some kind going on right now, even if that's only educating themselves about the opportunities
• Still, 53% of retail respondents say that their business leadership doesn't yet understand the benefits of IoT technologies
The Internet Of Things In Retail: Great Expectations contains analysis of the business drivers, opportunities, and organizational constraints surrounding Internet of Things technologies in retail. It also offers baseline recommendations for navigating this brave new world for retailers. The report is part of RSR Research's ongoing efforts to provide market intelligence on retail technology trends, is sponsored by AT&T, is supported by Software AG, and can be downloaded here:
About RSR Research: Retail Systems Research (RSR) is the only research company run by retailers for the retail industry. RSR provides insight into business and technology challenges facing the extended retail industry, and thought leadership and advice on navigating these challenges for specific companies and the industry at large. To learn more about RSR, visit http://www.rsrresearch.com.
RSR Research, LLC
Linda Wolfe, 774-284-4679
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/08/prweb12926649.htm
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nebula Brands Receives Series B Investment Led by L Catterton Asia
- Globalink Investment Inc. Announces Pricing of $100 Million Initial Public Offering on NASDAQ
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson Adds Rugged XRT Trim
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!