RealD Delivers 41% of Domestic Opening Weekend Gross for Mad Max: Fury Road
- Wall Street ends down sharply, hit by Apple and China worries
- Morgan Stanley's Tesla (TSLA) Twitter survey shows investors are concerned
- Apple (AAPL) threatened to withhold Twitter from App Store says Musk
- Black Friday frenzy generates record $9.1 billion in online sales - report
- Dollar rebounds on Fed expectations, Aussie drops
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Approximately $18 Million Generated from RealD 3D Equipped Auditoriums
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) announced today that Mad Max: Fury Road brought in approximately 41% of its domestic opening weekend gross on RealD 3D equipped screens for a total of approximately $18 million.
“Mad Max: Fury Road delivered high quality 3D action and audiences responded,” said Anthony Marcoly, President of Worldwide Cinema at RealD. “This is an example of a thrill ride where the action is greatly enhanced by the 3D, making the experience all the more visually stunning and fully immersive.”
The world’s most widely used 3D cinema technology, RealD 3D is installed in more than 26,500 auditoriums by approximately 1,200 exhibitors in 72 countries around the world.
About RealD Inc.
RealD is a leading global licensor of 3D and other visual technologies. RealD's extensive intellectual property portfolio is and can be used in applications that enable a premium viewing experience in the theater, the home and elsewhere. RealD’s core business is the licensing of RealD Cinema Systems and the product sale of RealD eyewear to motion picture exhibitors to enable a premium viewing experience for 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content in the theater.
RealD was founded in 2003 and has offices in Beverly Hills, California; Boulder, Colorado; London, United Kingdom; Moscow, Russia; Shanghai, China; Hong Kong; Tokyo, Japan; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For more information, please visit our website at www.reald.com.
Source: RealD Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RAVEN INDIGENOUS CAPITAL PARTNERS ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF ITS SECOND-GENERATION IMPACT MEASUREMENT FRAMEWORK
- MDYScoin Proposes to Improve the Decentralized Ecosystem Through Innovation to Ensure the Security of Digital Currency Transactions
- IFF Annual Meeting to open in Guangzhou
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!