Qumulo Introduces Qumulo Core 2.0 Data-Aware Scale-Out NAS Software and New Flash-First Hybrid Appliances
- Dow closes lower after disappointing bank results
- JPMorgan (JPM) Stock Falls 5% After Q4 Results, Top-Line Beats but 2022 Expense Outlook Disappoint, Analyst Expects Rising Wage Inflation to be a Key Earnings Theme
- Netflix raises monthly subscription prices in U.S., Canada
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Receives Three Price Targets Hikes Today, Wedbush Positive on Live Sports Content Opportunity
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Tops Street Estimates, Profit Fueled by Loan Demand and Cost Cuts
Scalable, Efficient, and Resilient Data Protection With Erasure Coding; Data Management and Planning With Capacity Trends Analytics; First Hybrid Storage Appliances to Ship With New 10TB Helium Drives From HGST
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/12/16 -- Qumulo, the leader in data-aware scale-out NAS, today introduced Qumulo Core 2.0 and three new QC-Series hybrid storage appliances -- the QC40, QC104, and QC260. Qumulo's flexible software and hardware design enables customers to ride the commodity hardware curve -- with an agile platform that can readily be refreshed with the latest and greatest hardware for maximum performance, capacity and cost benefits. With today's product announcements, Qumulo continues to prove its ability to disrupt the industry status quo and advance storage innovation.
"Qumulo Core delivers industry-leading efficiency for unstructured data workloads via erasure coding and high density hard disk drives," said Jeff Cobb, VP of product management at Qumulo. "Successfully using drives this dense requires a fundamental rethinking of the way that scale-out file storage uses disk drives. With our flash-first hybrid design and sequential rebuild technology, Qumulo Core provides built-in performance acceleration while still delivering on less than one hour rebuild times regardless of file size, even with 6TB, 8TB, and now the highest density 10TB drives."
Introducing Qumulo Core 2.0 -- Data-Aware Scale-Out NAS Software
Qumulo Core has real-time data analytics built directly into the file system, giving enterprises an unprecedented view of their data and storage resources at scale. With greater visibility into which data is most valuable, where it is stored, which users or applications are accessing what files, what should be archived, backed up or deleted, and why data grows, Qumulo's customers report significant gains in workflow performance and storage efficiency.
New features and benefits in Qumulo Core 2.0 include:
- Scalable, efficient, and resilient data protection with erasure coding
- Scalable - enables the use of the highest capacity drives on the market today (10TB, 8TB, 6TB HGST Helium drives) with less than one hour rebuild times for uninterrupted operations at scale
- Efficient - Up to 33 percent increase in usable storage capacity including the ability to efficiently handle tens of billions of small and large files
- Resilient - withstands up to two concurrent drive failures or one storage node failure without any data loss
- Capacity trends analytics
- Provides intelligently aggregated insights for storage data management and capacity planning
- Gives immediate answers to how storage capacity usage has changed in the past 72 hours, 30 days, and 52 weeks
- Users can drill down to understand which files have been added and deleted by path
- Users can now answer questions of "Where did all of my storage capacity go?" and "When will I run out of storage space and why?"
Riding the Commodity Hardware Curve
With the new QC40 and QC260 hybrid appliances, Qumulo will be the first storage system manufacturer to ship the new Ultrastar He10 -- 10TB -- highest density hard disk drives from HGST. Qumulo also introduced the QC104, a new mid-capacity hybrid appliance.
Features and benefits include:
- Scalable - modular building blocks create a single file system with linear scalability in storage capacity and performance
- Efficient - maximizes datacenter rack density, floorspace, and power
- Economic - high capacity storage with the performance of hybrid SSD-HDD architecture
With today's introduction, the line-up of Qumulo QC-Series hybrid storage appliances will now feature five SKUs, with starting capacities spanning from 96TB to over 1PB of raw storage. The Qumulo QC-Series 1U appliances (QC24 and QC40) give users a choice between lower-cost entry requirements and higher performance/higher capacity needs. The Qumulo QC-Series 4U appliances (QC104, QC208 and QC260) give users a choice between cost-optimized requirements and the highest density, lowest cost per GB data-aware scale-out NAS solution.
Qumulo Core is in production in commercial high performance computing (HPC) and large-scale unstructured data environments, with customers including Ant Farm, Atomic Fiction, Blind Studios, Densho, FotoKem, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington, MSG Networks, Sinclair Oil, Sportvision, TELUS Studios, UConn Health, University of Utah Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute, Vaisala, ZOIC Studios, and many others.
Availability and Pricing Qumulo Core 2.0 software is generally available now. The new QC40, QC104, and QC260 appliances will be generally available in Q2. Pricing for an entry 4-node QC24 cluster running Qumulo Core 2.0 starts at $50,000.
"Over the past year, Qumulo has proved conclusively that if you have an application that wants speedy, low latency access to billions of small and large files, in a multi-PB level, scale out storage system, then Qumulo QC-series is a top contender. Now with erasure coding added to their latest release of software, the capacity efficiency and data resiliency has gotten even better. What's not to like." - Arun Taneja, founder and consulting analyst, Taneja Group
"As disk drive capacities continue to grow and 10TB drives become more commonplace, using traditional approaches for data protection, like RAID, will become more and more untenable. Qumulo's addition of Reed-Solomon erasure codes to its Qumulo Core software will enable it to provide scalable, efficient and resilient data protection at scale. Approaches like this are critical capabilities in order for high capacity hard disk drives to be adopted into the enterprise." - George Crump, lead analyst and founder, Storage Switzerland
Connect with Qumulo at NAB Today, Qumulo also announced its presence at the annual National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show, taking place April 16-21 in Las Vegas. Qumulo will be sponsoring, exhibiting, and demonstrating Qumulo Core 2.0 software running on Q-series hybrid storage appliances at booth #SL12716.
Suggested Tweet: .@Qumulo introduces Qumulo Core 2.0 data-aware scale-out storage software + flash-first hybrid commodity appliances http://qumulo.com/2589
About Qumulo Qumulo, headquartered in Seattle, pioneered data-aware scale-out NAS, which enables enterprises to manage and store enormous numbers of digital assets by building real-time analytics directly into the file system itself. Qumulo Core is a software-only solution designed to leverage the price/performance of commodity hardware coupled with the modern technologies of flash, virtualization and cloud. Qumulo was founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, and has attracted a team of storage innovators from Isilon, Amazon Web Services, Google, and Microsoft. Qumulo has raised $67 million in two rounds of funding from leading investors. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Media Contact: Tanya Espe Carlsson Kulesa Faul for Qumulo Email Contact 707.529.6139
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Picosun part of extensive quantum technology development project
- Fast Growing RegTech SteelEye Reports 88% Growth In 2021
- 1-800-Plumber +Air bringing the best plumbing and HVAC services to Nashville, TN
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!