New Research From Movable Ink Shows UK Mobile Email Opens Hit All-Time High of 71% in Q1 2015
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 12, 2015
Mobile email opens in the U.K. reached an-all time high during Q1 2015, according to new research by Movable Ink. Based on an analysis of approximately 120 million emails, 71% were opened on smartphones and tablets, compared to 29% on desktop. This is the highest mobile open rate since Movable Ink released its first U.K. Consumer Device Report in 2013.
Movable Ink's quarterly U.K. Consumer Device Preference Report provides deep insights into how U.K. consumers access and engage with emails across smartphones, tablets and desktop computers.
While smartphones dominate email opens, conversions occur more often on desktops (39%) and tablets (37%) compared with smartphones (24%), based on analysis of approximately 27,000 retail emails. A significant overarching trend is that mobile conversions combined (smartphone and tablet) at 61% far surpassed desktop at 39%.
The Q1 2015 report also shows that London, while boasting the highest number of smartphone email opens (47%), had the lowest number of email opens on tablets (22%).
"This report clearly shows that U.K. consumers are engaging with mobile emails more than ever," said Matthew Potter, Vice President of U.K. and EMEA for Movable Ink. "While email marketers can use this data to better target and tailor content based on device and region, there is also an opportunity for brands to think about how to best optimise email conversions in a landscape where consumers are constantly switching between devices."
Key findings in the U.K. include:
• Mobile conversions exceed desktop. Combined smartphone and tablet conversions accounted for approximately 61%, exceeding desktop at 39%.
• Tablets lead mobile conversions. An analysis of 27,305 retail emails showed that approximately 37% of mobile email conversions took place on tablets compared to 25% on smartphones.
• Mobile opens keep on growing. Mobile email opens hit an all-time high for Q1 2015 with 71% opened on smartphones and tablets, compared to 29% on desktop.
• Desktop reigns supreme for click-throughs. An analysis of 2.2 million emails found that desktops account for approximately 39% of clicks compared to 34% for smartphones and 28% for tablets.
• London lags in email opens on tablet. As Movable Ink found in the Q4 report, London once had the lowest number of email opens on tablets (22%).
• Android users are patient and engaged. Android users tend to read emails a lot longer than others, with 51% staying on emails for 15+ seconds, compared to 41% of iPhone users and 36% of desktop users.
• Smartphones dominate the mornings. More than half of all emails opened between midnight and 7:30 a.m. are opened on smartphones.
The full report is available as a free download here.
About the Q1 2015 Movable Ink UK Consumer Device Preference Report
The UK Consumer Device Preference Report is based on data collected through Movable Ink's contextual experience platform between January 1, 2015 – March 30, 2015. They reflect aggregate statistics across Movable Ink's UK customer base, which includes B2C marketers from the retail, travel, financial, media, and telecommunications industries. Because determining email opens requires images to the load, the percentages for some devices might be over or underrepresented.
About Movable Ink
Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered the application of contextual experiences to email. Movable Ink clients can use any email service provider to deliver dynamic content that changes, in real-time, according to the context of each individual consumer. More than 250 innovative brands including The Wall Street Journal, eBay, Finish Line and Saks Fifth Avenue use Movable Ink to Market in the Moment and optimize their email campaigns to drive ROI. The company is headquartered in New York City with an office in London. For more information, visit http://www.movableink.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/06/prweb12781046.htm
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BCI Group Presents Innovative Investment Model: Datong Super Energy Complex Shines at COP28
- Affidea Romania Has Acquired Biomed Scan Clinics
- Artists Sou A Kou and Tetsuya Komuro Unveil Largest Ink Painting and Music, Through Exclusive NFTs on AmazeWallet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!