New Hedvig Platform Disrupts the Data Storage Industry With Flexibility and Choice
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Hedvig's Distributed Systems Approach Provides Storage Admins With the Flexibility to Connect, Provision and Deploy Heterogeneous Storage to Best Meet Business Needs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/25/15 -- Hedvig today introduced a new type of distributed storage platform which provides organizations with unprecedented choice and flexibility to adapt to changing data, application and user requirements. The Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform is the only software-defined offering capable of in-software provisioning of file, block and object storage that delivers a comprehensive suite of services with no compromise in performance. After three years of stealth development, the platform is currently in production at companies in the United States and abroad. In a separate news release issued today, Hedvig announced a $12.5 Series A funding round led by Atlantic Bridge Capital, True Ventures and Redpoint Ventures.
"IT can't even predict storage requirements three months out, nevermind the three to five years that typify storage refreshes," said Avinash Lakshman, founder and CEO of Hedvig. "Hedvig doesn't assume companies will know everything at once, then saddle them with a deployment that will cost them more time, energy and budget when it obsolesces. The platform adapts to existing storage assets as well as future storage purchases -- whether proprietary or commodity."
The Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform collapses disparate storage systems into a single platform, creating a virtualized pool that provisions storage with a few clicks. Policy and provisioning processes that normally take hours, days or weeks now take just a few clicks and can even be performed from mobile devices.
"The current wave of user anticipation around software-defined storage (SDS) has looked at times ready to crash on the rocks of limited product abilities and deployment constraints," said Mark Peters, Senior Analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group. "However, the validity of the category will benefit greatly from the arrival of solutions such as Hedvig's, which is designed to fulfill the full potential of SDS with its combination of functional completeness, flexibility, economy and simplicity."
Customers like Intuit, Dovilo, Van Dijk and Paul Hastings LLP use Hedvig to provision storage for legacy, virtualized, cloud and even emerging application environments like Hadoop and NoSQL. Hedvig also helps customers embrace new compute environments like Docker and OpenStack by removing the storage bottleneck.
Companies use Hedvig to:
- Easily support all applications and workloads: Hedvig's patented distributed systems capabilities deliver a complete set of storage protocols and services that are not just hardware-agnostic, but compute-agnostic. Hedvig enables easy modernization and automation of infrastructure, eliminating the need for overworked IT departments to continuously deploy new silos of storage for specific applications or workloads.
- Streamline storage operations: The Hedvig platform provides a user interface with AWS-like simplicity for complicated administrative workflows. Administrators can provision storage assets from any device and provide self-service access to customers, developers and IT staff, reducing the time and expertise needed to use storage technology and empowering employees at all levels to contribute to overall business success.
- Maximize cloud investments with choice: Hedvig's architecture is cloud-enabled and supports both hyperscale and hyperconverged modes, enabling businesses to choose the type of elastic storage that best meets their needs. It has the capacity to scale from several terabytes to petabytes and seamlessly spans on-premise, private and public clouds. Customers benefit from an elastic, hybrid cluster that can grow incrementally to thousands of nodes by simply adding additional commodity servers.
- Reduce CAPEX and OPEX: With on-premise and cloud data center costs often prohibitively expensive at scale, the deployment flexibility of the Hedvig platform makes modern storage a cost-effective reality as the business grows. The built-in provisioning, automation and programmable APIs inherent in the platform reduces capital and operational expenditures and ensures maximum return on cloud-computing investments regardless of the pre-existing storage architecture.
For more information and a demonstration of how Hedvig is redefining software-defined storage, please visit http://www.hedviginc.com.
Justin Stottlemyer, Director of Infrastructure & Distinguished Engineer, Intuit "Intuit is one of the most trusted brands in personal finance. We're constantly innovating and deploying new services, new products and enhancing existing products to keep customers happy. As part of keeping Intuit infrastructure up to date with the latest technology, we needed to find a newer, software-defined approach to storage. Hedvig offers that with all the features you would expect from enterprise storage."
Bertram Rutte, CEO & Founder, Dovilo "Hedvig has a big benefit versus traditional storage systems -- where you typically buy software with the hardware, and after the lifecycle of the hardware you have to throw away the box, including the software. You're throwing away money every five years! With Hedvig, that doesn't happen. Because it's software, I know the solution will get better over time with new features and capabilities. I just need to keep supplying commodity hardware, which will be more and more cost-effective over time."
Arnold Juffer, CTO, Van Dijk Education "What we wanted in a software-defined storage solution seemed impossible. Our current vendors could not deliver a solution that fulfilled our needs for block, file and object storage in a single platform that didn't compromise performance and feature set. Hedvig is the only solution we've found that hit all three critical needs."
Searl Tate, Director of Engineering, Paul Hastings LLP "Monolithic storage systems have been evolving for some time and it is clear that bigger changes are coming. We're starting the process of moving away from them for performance and scalability reasons, but we don't want to be stuck managing complex silos of data. Hedvig offers us a single storage platform that hits the performance and feature requirements our firm requires. Software-defined storage is clearly the future and Hedvig is the best we've found."
About Hedvig Hedvig is re-architecting software-defined storage. Hedvig accelerates data to value by collapsing disparate storage systems into a single platform, creating a virtualized pool that provisions storage with a few clicks, scales to petabytes and runs seamlessly in both private and public clouds. Built by software engineers of the world's largest and most successful distributed systems, Hedvig delivers modern storage for any enterprise compute environment running at any scale. The Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform is unconstrained by traditional thinking and existing architectures, resulting in the only software-defined storage incorporating true distributed systems capabilities. Built to keep pace with scale-out applications and the velocity of change in today's business climate, the Hedvig platform gets better and smarter as the system scales, transforming commodity hardware into the most advanced storage solution available today. Customers such as Intuit, Dovilo, Van Dijk and Paul Hastings LLP use the Hedvig platform to transform their storage from a box where data resides to a fundamental business enabler. www.hedviginc.com
Connect with Hedvig Read our blog: https://hedviginc.com/blog Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hedviginc Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hedviginc Learn more: http://www.hedviginc.com/press-kit
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2790124 Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2790127 Video-Link Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2790147
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ark's Cathie Wood thinks Twitter (TWTR) tipping could be bigger deal than anticipated
- Steelworkers Honour the 29th Anniversary of the Westray Mine Disaster
- Croatia Crew Management – Maritime Recruitment/Training Services Launched
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!