New AvePoint Online Services Release Automates Lifecycle Management for Microsoft Office 365 Groups and Users
- Tech mega-caps knock 1% off Nasdaq; banks lift Dow
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Brent oil nears $80 a barrel on tight supply
- Some Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) Suppliers Suspend Production in China For a Few Days
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) September 21, 2016
AvePoint, the Microsoft Cloud expert, today announced the general availability of the latest release of AvePoint Online Services, AvePoint's 100 percent Microsoft Azure-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for Office 365. The new release provides organizations with simplified Office 365 Group management, comprehensive user lifecycle management, backup and recovery of Office 365 Groups and mail files, and a detailed view into cloud usage.
Five million cloud users worldwide rely on AvePoint Online Services to make the transition to Office 365 and Azure easier, quicker, and smarter with tools to enhance data management and protection. Additionally, managed service providers around the world utilize AvePoint Online Services to deliver enterprise-class Office 365 services to customers in the small and medium-sized business space. Through regular monthly updates, AvePoint Online Services customers and partners experience rapid product enhancements to take advantage of the latest features in the Microsoft Cloud.
Automated Office 365 Governance and Protection
By providing end-users with an intuitive service catalog of all available resources, DocAve Governance Automation Online resolves ambiguity around requesting resources from IT and encourages adoption throughout the content lifecycle. With DocAve Governance Automation Online, Office 365 administrators can now easily manage Office 365 Groups one of Microsoft's most talked-about recent features for cloud-based collaboration while ensuring all user requests are handled quickly and according to organizational policy. New features include:
- Office 365 Group Lifecycle Management: Office 365 administrators can create and enforce governance policies for Office 365 Groups including the ability to determine who can request groups, whether or not external users can join, and a lease timeline for when Groups will be de-provisioned to avoid content sprawl. Requests for new groups, changes to existing groups, and lifecycle operations for expiring groups are routed through business-appropriate approval processes and executed automatically upon approval.
- User Lifecycle Management: Office 365 administrators can provide end users with the ability to request provisioning and de-provisioning of Office 365 users, which is especially valuable to retail and other organizations with seasonal employees. User policies defined in the request allow for appropriate selection of Office 365 license types or user options, and can even trigger automatic de-provisioning of users after their contract term expires. As with Groups, all user requests are subject to dynamic approval processes and automatically executed once approved.
- Office 365 Groups and Mail Backup: Organizations can now backup and restore files and mail to the associated Office 365 Groups to protect them from losing critical documentation.
- Storage Reports: Site owners and Office 365 administrators can observe trends in content including details down to the item level and analysis on content composition in order to accurately monitor storage quotas.
- Site Analytics, User, and Activity Reports: Site owners and administrators can identify their most valuable content contributors and consumers so that they can better manage and guide the direction of their content relative to the rest of the enterprise.
- Content Reports: Administrators and power users can understand on what trends are occurring within the Office 365 tenant and its content, including what documents are trending, what the top content is, and how it ranks relative to other documents and files within the organization.
- Security Trimming: Administrators can control which report types Cloud Insights users can access and the scope from which data is retrieved and displayed to the end user. This ensures that data is only in the hands of those who should have access and out of the hands of those who shouldn't.
- Account Filters: Administrators can filter out service and test accounts that can skew reports to provide only the most accurate data around Office 365 usage.
"As Microsoft continues to evolve its cloud technology, Office 365 Groups are an important investment for helping users with similar interests both inside and outside of the organization work better together," said John Peluso, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy, AvePoint. "The latest release of AvePoint Online Services brings the power of our governance platform to this key feature to help administrators manage Groups better, protect content, and quickly respond to user requests through automation."
The latest release of AvePoint Online Services is generally available today, September 21, 2016. For more information on the platform and product features, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the Microsoft Cloud expert. Over 15,000 companies and 5 million cloud users worldwide trust AvePoint to migrate, manage, and protect their Office 365 and SharePoint data. AvePoint's integrated cloud, hybrid, and on-premises software solutions are enhanced by 24/7 support. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner and three-time Microsoft Partner of the Year Award winner. Founded in 2001, AvePoint is privately held and headquartered in Jersey City, NJ.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/09/prweb13701083.htm
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bulkley-Nechako and Houston residents and businesses can now access the fastest 5G network in Canada from TELUS
- Corporate Transactions Attorney Jay Blackman Joins Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Private Equity Practice
- Energy, Focus, Intention: New CBD Strength Gummy from House of Wise Empowers Women to Reclaim Their Workout Routines, Make the Most of Time Spent in Motion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!