NYSE Leads Global IPO Listings for First Half of 2017
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
- #1 exchange for IPOs, with 49 new listings and over $19.3 billion in capital raised during the first half of the year
- #1 exchange globally, with listed companies having a total market capitalization of $27.3 trillion
- Global leader in large IPOs across technology, energy, financial, industrial and healthcare sectors
- Listed 28 of 28 of the largest operating company IPOs* in the past three years
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) hosted the majority of initial public offerings (IPOs) conducted in the first half of 2017 with 49 new listings, raising over $19.3 billion in capital, representing 88 percent of all proceeds raised in the U.S.**
In the first six months of 2017, the market for IPOs rebounded from 2016, which was impacted by global equity market volatility. The NYSE listed the largest IPOs this year to date, including Snap Inc. (NYSE: SNAP), Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Invitation Homes Inc. (NYSE: INVH), which raised a total of $6.9 billion in proceeds. In addition, global brands such as Canada Goose Holdings Inc. (NYSE: GOOS), Cloudera (NYSE: CLDR), Brazilian airline, Azul S.A. (NYSE: AZUL) and China’s leading K-12 schools operator Bright Scholar Education Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: BEDU), exemplify NYSE’s strategy to help innovative companies access public markets to build on their vision and unlock value.
“Market conditions this year have been solid for raising capital in the U.S., enabling companies to invest, innovate, hire and grow - ultimately fueling the economy,” said John Tuttle, Global Head of Listings, NYSE. “We are thrilled that these companies chose the NYSE for their IPO listings, which is a testament to the strength of our market model and the value we provide to our global community of great companies.”
1H2017 highlights (through June 30, 2017):
- Technology leader: 92 percent** of all tech proceeds were raised on the NYSE, solidifying the Exchange as the listing venue of choice for tech companies. New companies to join the community include Blue Apron (NYSE: APRN), MuleSoft, Inc. (NYSE: MULE), Yext, Inc. (NYSE: YEXT) and others.
- International leader: Strong year for new international listings, including Bright Scholar Education Holdings Limited (NYSE: BEDU), China Rapid Finance Ltd. (NYSE: XRF), Zymeworks, Inc. (NYSE: ZYME), Netshoes Ltd. (NYSE: NETS), Ardagh Group S.A. (NYSE: ARD)
- Biotech strength: Hosted the largest biotech IPO for the third consecutive year with the listing of Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN).
- New Ways to Raise Capital on NYSE: Listed three SPACs, including TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp. (NYSE MKT: TPGEU), and the industry’s first Reg A+ IPO, Myomo Inc. (NYSE MKT: MYO), on a national securities exchange.
NYSE Group President, Tom Farley offered his views on the outlook for the second half of 2017:
“Our society thrives on the growth that entrepreneurs and their companies deliver. Based on our strong pipeline, we expect a range of IPOs across industries, including tech, biotech and industrials in the second half of the year. We are preparing for them to join our listed community, and to help them continue to realize their visions as they bring their innovations to the world.”
For more information on the New York Stock Exchange, click here.
*Based on operating companies and REITs raising more than $700M in proceeds.**Based on operating companies and REITs that are qualified to list on the NYSE.
About NYSE Group
NYSE Group is a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses, and a provider of data and listings services. NYSE Group includes exchanges, market data and connectivity services. The equity exchanges - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE MKT and NYSE Arca -- trade more U.S. equity volume than any other exchange group. NYSE is the premier global venue for capital raising, leading worldwide in IPOs, including technology IPOs. NYSE Arca Options and NYSE Amex Options are leading equity options exchanges.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company that operates a leading network of global futures, equity and equity options exchanges, as well as global clearing and data services across financial and commodity markets. The New York Stock Exchange is the world leader in capital raising, listings and equities trading.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016, as filed with the SEC on February 7, 2017.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange
NYSE Media Contact:
Source: Intercontinental Exchange
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bright Health Group (BHG) Prices 51.35M Share IPO at $18/sh
- Hepsiburada (HEPS) Launches 56.7M IPO at $11-$13/sh
- Entera Bio Ltd. (ENTX) Phase 2 BMD for EB613 Study Met Its Primary and Key Secondary Endpoints
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!