KONE Acquires Barist Elevator Company
- S&P 500 closes at record high as Apple, healthcare stocks help shrug off Delta worries
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
- Oil extends losses in volatile trade as Delta variant angst spreads
- Clorox (CLX) Falls Sharply as COVID-19 Demand Wanes
- Dollar steadies as markets weigh economic risks, central bank moves
Acquisition strengthens KONE's presence and services in the New York City Market
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
DEER PARK, N.Y., Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- KONE, a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, today announced the acquisition of Barist Elevator Company's elevator maintenance, repair and modernization business. Barist is based in Deer Park, New York.
The company was founded in 1974 and has decades of experience within the metro New York area covering all of Long Island, Suffolk County and Nassau County. The company also provides services to other New York City boroughs including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens.
"As KONE continues to broaden its services footprint in the U.S., New York City is the perfect foothold in the Northeast to deepen our customer base," said Larry Wash, Executive Vice President for KONE Americas. "We are excited to welcome Barist Elevator Company's well-qualified employees, efficient operations and customers to KONE."
About KONEKONE is one of the global leaders in the elevator and escalator industry. KONE's objective is to offer the best People Flow® experience by developing and delivering solutions that enable people to move smoothly, safely, comfortably and without waiting in buildings in an increasingly urbanizing environment. KONE provides industry-leading elevators, escalators, automatic building doors and integrated solutions to enhance the People Flow in and between buildings. KONE's services cover the entire lifetime of a building, from the design phase to maintenance, repairs and modernization solutions. In 2014, KONE had annual net sales of EUR 7.3 billion and at the end of the year over 47,000 employees. KONE class B shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd. in Finland. For more information regarding this firm see www.kone.us.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kone-acquires-barist-elevator-company-300187386.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: PS Business Parks (PSB) Tops Q2 EPS by 81c (CORRECTION)
- The First Bancshares to Participate in Virtual KBW Community Bank Investor Conference
- Cloud DX Announces the Date of Its Second Quarter Investor Update and Earnings Call, Retention of Market Maker and Retention of IR Specialist
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!