Is Beef is Better than Plant-based in Terms of Taste, Price, and Appearance?
- Wall St pares gains as rate-cut cheer ebbs after latest Fed comments
- Cigna, Humana explore healthcare megamerger - WSJ
- Stocks will be hostage to earnings delivery in 2024 rather than yields - JPMorgan
- General Motors (GM) surges on $10 billion buyback plan, increased dividend
- Bill Ackman sees risk of hard landing if Fed doesn't start cutting soon
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) May 23, 2022
Meat Demand Monitor data indicates that 6% of respondents consumed plant-based patties or crumbs the prior day while 53% consumed beef at least once. Among these 6%, 4% consumed both beef and plant-based proteins the same day indicating the two protein sources are not necessarily exclusive of each other.
In the new research released in Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, "Benchmarking US consumption and perceptions of beef and plantbased proteins," Hannah Taylor from the USDA, ERS, Glynn Tonsor, and Ted Schroeder from Kansas State University, and Jayson Lusk from Purdue University, document consumption and perceptions of beef and plant-based proteins for U.S. consumers.
Tonsor says, "Beef is consumed more frequently than plant-based proteins consistent with consumers holding a positive image of beef overall. Several key differences are identified between regular meat consumers and those declaring alternative diets such as Flexitarian or Vegetarian. Identifying some consumers have both beef and plant-based on the same day speaks to the future potential for blended products as discussed in the paper's conclusion."
If you are interested in setting up an interview, please contact Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes three journals, the Journal of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (an open access journal), the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BioMedNewsBreaks – Branded Legacy Inc. (BLEG) Commences Buyback of 1M Preferred Class D Shares
- InvestorNewsBreaks – DarioHealth Corp. (NASDAQ: DRIO) Hypertension Offering Selected by Blue Shield of California
- Illinois Lawyer Creates Fantastical Adventure Books for Young Readers, Inspired by His Two Daughters' Love of Magic, Mystery, and Suspense
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!