IC Bus Launches The Next Stop: Imagination Contest
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Program Gives K-8 Students an Opportunity to Share Their Ideas of Future School Bus Design, a Chance to Win $1000 for College
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
LISLE, Ill., Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of The Next Stop initiative, IC Bus has launched an Imagination Contest for students K-8 to dream up the bus of the future as well as give student participants a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship and $500 toward a field trip for their class. The nationwide contest begins September 15, and invites students to create the school bus of the future in a drawing, poem, video, picture, sculpture or model. Entries will be accepted through October 13.
"The Next Stop: Imagination Contest will allow the youngest of inventors to share their artistic vision of the future of the bus industry," said Trish Reed, vice president and general manager, IC Bus. "We're proud to be a leader in the bus industry and we're excited to include K-8 students in the process of envisioning the next generation of bus innovation."
All entries will be showcased in an online gallery for a public vote, and two winners will be announced the week of November 7.
"Through its leading dealer network, IC Bus has formed strong connections with pupil transportation departments in the communities we serve," said Mark Johnson, vice president, Marketing, Navistar, parent company of IC Bus. "This program extends our relationship to all our stakeholders – including parents, students, teachers and administrators– to enlist their support in helping us think about and shape the future of the bus industry."
- Parents and teachers of children in grades K-5 and 6-8 can upload a drawing, poem, video, picture of a sculpture/model, etc. for a chance to win.
- Two winners will each receive $1,000 toward their college fund and a $500 field trip for their class.
- Submissions will be accepted from September 15 through October 13, 2016.
- Voting will take place from October 17 through October 31, 2016.
- Two winners will be announced the week of November 7, 2016 (one per age group).
- Contest submissions can be uploaded via picture by parents at ICBus.com/Imagine.
- All entries will be publicly showcased for others to see and vote on.
- IC Bus will offer an option to mail entry and IC Bus will upload to the microsite on the student's behalf.
- A share function allows parents to share their child's entry on social media to "campaign" for extra votes.
The Next Stop is a new IC Bus initiative aimed at imagining the needs of the bus industry's future. Through a collaborative approach, IC Bus will lead the way in bringing together the brightest minds of the industry to map out the road ahead. Find out more at http://ICBus.com/Imagine.
About IC Bus
IC Bus, LLC of Lisle, Ill., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navistar, Inc. (NYSE: NAV). The nation's largest integrated manufacturer of school buses, IC Bus is a global leader in passenger protection, chassis design, engines and ergonomics. The company is also a producer of commercial buses. All IC Bus™ buses are sold, serviced and supported through a renowned dealer network that offers an integrated customer program encompassing parts, training and service. Additional information is available at www.icbus.com.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
* All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ic-bus-launches-the-next-stop-imagination-contest-300328270.html
SOURCE IC Bus
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Navistar (NAV) Tops Q2 EPS by 91c
- SKT to Participate in E3 2021 to Showcase Exciting Korean Games
- CORRECTION: Audited annual report 2020
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!