Hisense Debuts World's First 4k Wide-angle Laser Television In Paris
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Recreating cost advantages that make it possible to have a large screen TV in every home
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
PARIS, July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The world is looking at me." On the eve of the UEFA Euro 2016 Final, an event that has attracted much attention worldwide, its sponsor Hisense, China's largest TV manufacturer in terms of sales volume, fulfilled its promise to debut the world's first 4K wide-angle laser cinema television in Paris, garnering a huge amount of attention.
LED backlight LCD televisions now dominate the market, with their larger, decidedly more expensive screens. 100-inch 4K LCD televisions are typically priced at 600,000 yuan (approx. US$90,000) per unit. The laser television launched by Hisense, achieving what the world hasn't achieved with 217 patented technologies, outstanding optical engines, high-resolution lens and high-precision manufacturing processes, delivers lightness and color saturation achieving or surpassing those of LCD TVs. More shockingly, the Hisense television is priced at just over US$10,000 per unit, 1/10 the sales price of LCD TVs with same size screens. The 4K LCOS laser projector rolled out earlier by Japan-based Sony are priced at US$50,000 per unit.
Hisense Group global vice president Lin Lan said excitedly in a speech that "the ultimate goal of technologies is to recreate cost advantages." Making it possible for every family to afford a home cinema is the company's dream and strategy for Hisense to take a leading position among television makers. Once the dream is achieved, Hisense expects to become the undisputed leader in the world's color TV market.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hisense-debuts-worlds-first-4k-wide-angle-laser-television-in-paris-300296693.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Matteo Pittaluga Shares the E-learning Methodology that Made Marketing Genius One of the Most Innovative Schools in 2021 According to GFEL
- Carlyle Announces Amendment to Sunset Property Option Agreement and Enters into Consulting Agreement
- Custom Cycling Jersey for Women – US Apparel Lifetime Quality Guarantee Launch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!