Former U.S. Counterterrorism Tsar Matthew Olsen to Keynote Cyber Security Summit 2015 in Minneapolis
- Solid Microsoft forecast, tech strength push Nasdaq higher
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Tops EPS and Revenue Estimates But Shares Dip on YouTube and Cloud Miss, Analysts See Positive Risk/Reward Despite High Expectations
- Oil drops more than 1% as U.S. stockpiles rise sharply
- Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Gains on Strong FQ1 Results and Guidance, Analysts Raise Price Targets on Azure and Windows Outperformance
- Goldman Sachs Expects Coca-Cola (KO) Stock to Outperform Today After Strong Q3 Results
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Minneapolis, Minn. (PRWEB) October 13, 2015
Andrew Borene, IBM's Safer Planet U.S. Federal Business Leader & Chairman of Cyber Security Summit 2015, announced that former National Counterterrorism Center Director Matthew Olsen has agreed to share his expertise on cutting-edge defenses to terrorism and cyber security as this year's closing keynote speaker in Minneapolis on Oct. 21.
In making the announcement, Borene said, "Matt has decades of national security and intelligence leadership experience, including his most recent role as the President's principle advisor regarding Executive branch-wide counterterrorism planning. When Matt completed his service as NCTC Director, President Obama noted that 'every American is safer because of his service.' We are extremely grateful that he'll be sharing his expertise on counterterrorism and cyberdefenses here in the heartland."
Borene added that "Mr. Olsen's expertise in managing the nation's most important and big-data-intensive strategic planning operations with a high need for security make him an incredible resource for the private sector. He will join Cyber Security Summit's impressive lineup of speakers and advisors, which includes representatives from Fortune 500 companies, retail, insurance, major security firms, government and academia."
Mr. Olsen also served as General Counsel for the National Security Agency and held key roles at the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Today, Mr. Olsen is president of consulting at leading cyber security firm IronNet Cybersecurity, where he leads engagements to secure government and private sector enterprise from cyber threats. In addition to his other roles, Mr. Olsen lectures at Harvard Law School and works as a national security analyst for ABC News.
For more information on the Cyber Security Summit, go to cybersecuritysummit.org.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13018463.htm
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CIO Leadership: Exemplifying Authentic Leadership and Leveraging Personal Branding to Act as a Global Talent Magnet Will Power the Discussion at the 2021 HMG Live! Boston CIO Summit on November 9
- Cricket Health Names New Chief Commercial Officer Ryan M. Jacobs
- Darigold Unveils World’s Largest World Cow Mural in Washington
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!