Deepak Chopra & Eddie Stern Launch The Breathing App
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
World renowned yogi Eddie Stern and New York Times bestselling author Dr. Deepak Chopra launch Breathing App, a free app that helps you reduce stress and enjoy the benefits of a quiet moment by guiding you into a deeply healing breathing frequency with just a couple of breaths.The music for the guided breathing session in the app was created by recording artist, Moby.
Resonance breathing, which this app teaches, resets the braking mechanism of your nervous system. When life has us moving too fast and we feel overwhelmed, it's as if our accelerator is pressed down. This conscious, guided breath will put you back into the driver's seat, restoring your sense of self, steadiness, and purpose.
By using the app for just a few minutes, your nervous system enters into a state of equilibrium, sending signals of balance, mental calm, and inner peace to your body and mind. The app is like a stress reset button.
Resonance is the scientific name that describes what happens when our heart rate, heart rate variability, and brain waves come into a coherent frequency. Resonance occurs spontaneously when we breathe at a rate of five to seven breaths per minute (instead of our usual 15-18). This is the rate of breathing that Buddhist monks and Yogis naturally enter into while meditating. It is a natural, meditative rhythm that has been shown in scientific studies to reduce inflammation, soothe anxiety, control blood pressure, and strengthen the immune system's resiliency.
It is perfect for people who have little access to guidance, time, or who don't want to (or say they can't) meditate. The app is simple, and it doesn't take a long time for the breathing technique to be effective.
About Deepak Chopra, M.D., FACP, New York Times bestselling author of over 85 books, founder of the Chopra Center and Jiyo.com, guided the science and context behind the app.
About Eddie Stern, a yoga teacher, author and lecturer from New York, created the app concept and drew the blueprint for the app.
About Moby, a musician, DJ, author, and photographer born in New York City, who has sold over 20 million albums worldwide, developed the breathing cue sounds.
CONTACT: Leeah Chuleeahkchu@ayny.org
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/deepak-chopra--eddie-stern-launch-the-breathing-app-300534471.html
SOURCE The Breathing App
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former Andrews McMeel Universal Vice Chairman and Andrews McMeel Publishing CEO Kathleen Andrews Dies
- The Malouf Foundation Hosts Successful Inaugural Trafficking Policy and Education Summit
- UNITE HERE Local 11 Asks Federal Agency to Ensure Chateau Marmont Complies with Loan Law
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!